Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This can't be happening!!!

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

I  am really struggling with my sons birthday this year.  He will be 18!!! I will officially be the parent of an adult, how can that be and where has the time gone.  As he tells me "mom you have three more still at home" Not the point.  

I feel so young to have an adult

With that said I am very proud of the young man that he is becoming and I can't wait to see what his future holds as he goes off to college. 

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Snowl
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:16 PM

*hugs* my "baby" just turned 18 too, but I don't have any younger kids at home. I will be an official empty nester this summer bad

arkmomma06
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM

My son will be 18 in a few weeks..So not looking forward to it...The one thing though, he isnt mentally 17....

Monsita
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

happy birthday...it can be hard...I imagine!  However, think of the things that could  BE HELPING YOU TO FEEL VERY PROUD OF THE JOB YOU DID AS HIS MOM...........in his young age!!!  

now, THE JOURNEY AS THE MOM ON HIS ADULT  YEARS IS JUST STARTING...... 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Hugs!!!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

My son just turned 9 back in March and that is hitting me and making me feel old.  Well that and the fact that I turn 30 in a few months.  I really do not want to think about him being half way to 18 already!!  Time goes by way to fast!

mom2four518
by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Thank you so much for your kind words. I've really been trying to cherish my time with kids even more. I can't believe he's leaving in a few short months when it seems that only yesterday I was bringing him home.
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:13 PM
My DS1 turned 18 in Jan and DS2 turned 17 on Monday. Neither of mine will be going away for college or moving out. But it still feels weird that I am parent to an adult.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)