Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating. How long before becoming exclusive?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 8 Replies

How long have you dated or do you like to date before becoming exclusive.  I've learned that some guys that get way too clingy too fast are no good.  What's your experiences?

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:10 PM
I tend to only date one at a time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I'm the same way.  If I'm interested in someone I don't go out with others.   

Quoting conniejo75:

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM
It just gets too hectic. My life is crazy enough juggling kids... I can't juggle guys too. lol

Quoting easinpc:

I'm the same way.  If I'm interested in someone I don't go out with others.   

Quoting conniejo75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monsita
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:27 AM

It really depends on how frequently and for how long you two meet....TO GET TO REALLY KNOW EACH OTHER!!!!falling in love

amandacr1026
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM

In my experience, I jumped into relationships way too quickly and they always turned out badly. the one guy I waited with, we became best friends over 9 months... he was open from the beginning that I was the one he wanted and when I finally realized that I wanted him too, we were together for 3 years. we now have a daughter and some problems happened that we couldn't work out. If we could have, then we would probably still be going strong. its always best to wait a while and see... Get to know who they are... you never know how long that will take.. Just make sure you really think about it.. think about what you really know about him.

newmama008
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:48 PM

It really just depends..I starting dating right after i left my ex. I didn't plan on that, I just moved back to my home state and next thing I knew i was getting asked out constantly. I dated one for three months and we never made it exclusive. Dated another 1 month and we never made it exclusive either but by the end of that month he was talking about marriage and kids and it scared the crap out of me. And my current boyfriend..we dated two weeks yep two weeks and we knew we wanted to be together. It seriousyl depends...just go with how you feel. I've dated quite a bit..you have too...its not like everyone is meant to be together, but you definitly know when the right one comes along.

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Um i have had the exact opposite experience with guys.  LOL!  NONE of them want to be exclusive.  It seems like all of them are always on the lookoput for something better.  Ive dated like two guys exclusively in 2 years.  It was exclusive when it was pretty much implied we would be spending weekends together plans or no plans. 

pricemp2012
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:22 PM

5 to 6 months at least

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)