Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Deadbeat Dads

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:54 PM
  • 53 Replies
4 moms liked this

Am I the only one who feels this way...if he isn't there for the pregnancy, doesn't care about the birth, why would I think he'd be there for the life?  Furthermore, why would I take money from him and give him rights over a life he doesn't want anything to do with?  I dunno, maybe I let my little one's dad get off too easy, but the day he left me sitting in a doctor's office alone and failed to respond to me all day, was the day I decided that moron had no rights to our child.  

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shyandteyamommy
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this
Well I understand what your going threw i have two babies with different dads an its tough because neither dad has rights an dont do anything for them no phone call or anything like that I just try not to let it bother me.
Monsita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD POINT......hugs

amandacr1026
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM
2 moms liked this

My babys daddy was there for everything thru out the pregnancy.. made it to every appointment and never left my side for the birth. Then we got home from the hospital and it was like he was over it.. I had no help.. he wasn't interested...  Now I'm a single mom living with my mother. he has seen her three times since we moved. And that was when I took her to him. No your baby daddy has no rights. if he doesn't care then don't bother.

Jazmyn1
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Its rough my ds dad will text my so for a cpl weeks then fade out. Whe we lived i the same town he only went to half a soccer game and a karate tournament. So I moved us back to my home town in wis. Ds dad lives in Mo. Ds never wanted to see dad some emotional abuse going on and ds dad saidit was ds loss....a lot of men suck and it bothers me all the time I do t let go of things very well and always fear th efuture...good luck
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:07 PM
3 moms liked this

Well my Ex will be held accountable for the child HE help create. It's not about what YOU need, it's about what your CHILD needs.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex is a deadbeat, too.  We were actually married for 23 yrs when he decided to become a scumbag and create two kids out of wedlock.  He's been a deadbeat that I've had to drag through the courts in order to get paid. All that dragging around has resulted in garnishments. 

It all depends on one huge factor - can you financially support your child on your own?  CS is legally mandatory when you file for it no matter if the BD is there for his own child. 

ghostcat90
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

What can he give her that my family (parents, her god parents) and I can not?  

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

Well my Ex will be held accountable for the child HE help create. It's not about what YOU need, it's about what your CHILD needs.

ghostcat90
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:22 PM
2 moms liked this

I currently have two jobs (one part time out of home and one part time in home), I put back all of our income tax to pay what we come up short, have savings put back for later in the year (can't touch it until October).  I own my own home, my own car, and have very few bills.  

My understanding is that if I pursue him for child support, I have to let him have visitation.  While I had no issues with him with me, I do not trust him with a child.

Quoting steviechick:

My ex is a deadbeat, too.  We were actually married for 23 yrs when he decided to become a scumbag and create two kids out of wedlock.  He's been a deadbeat that I've had to drag through the courts in order to get paid. All that dragging around has resulted in garnishments. 

It all depends on one huge factor - can you financially support your child on your own?  CS is legally mandatory when you file for it no matter if the BD is there for his own child. 

DDDaysh
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Not to mention that it's better to get a CO defining custody while they are still little and the Dad doesn't really want to be bothered with a baby than to have him come back in 7 years and end up fighting over everything then. 

Not going after CS doesn't mean that the father will never have rights to the child, it's faulty thinking. 

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Financial support etc. 

Quoting ghostcat90:

What can he give her that my family (parents, her god parents) and I can not?  

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)