Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Mother's Day

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:58 PM
  • 18 Replies

I was getting ready for work today and realized this was the first Mother's Day I wont get anything. My kids are to young and it's the first one I've been single. It made me cry, especially after my mom sent me a message saying what she wanted to Mother's Day. I just wanted to message her back and go off, well I want a lot of crap too...but that's not happening. Idk I guess I'm just venting bc it's not like I need anything and gifts are just gifts but it's just different now...

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

breakfastThere all better.

welcome to the group.

sarah.g
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Hugs.  This will be my third single mothers day and from a little experience it gets a little better each year.  Do something fun for yourself.  It is YOUR day no matter if your kids are too little to help celebrate or not.

mother_of_Eve
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

who says your kids are to young?! :) treat yourself to a mothers day with your babies.. go to a pottery store and have your little ones make you something.. or have them paint you something.. or get a blank tshirt and write on it "this is how much we love our mom!" and have your babies put their handprints all over it! then you go get a cake and have a treat with your children! 

this will be my very first mothers day.. i wont get anything ether.. but im gonna have my baby make me some artwork ;) your children love you, just enjoy being a mom, because you are amazing! :D

Kazmira222
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
It'll be great for me! It'll be my first Mother's Day and it's my birthday. :3 Just be open minded. Go buy yourself something! I do all the time lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I felt like that after my divorce but it's been over 2 yrs and I feel so much better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I have a very very good friend of mine who I love dearly. Every Valentines day and Mothers day he texts or calls and tells me happy xxx day and that he loves me. We were never romantic, just the closest of friends. That little thing he has done over the years has meant more than he will ever know.

JCSmommy2
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM
I feel the same.. Last year was my first and surprisingly I had a great mothers day. This year will be hard for me, but I have my family to spend it with. And you never know maybe family or friends will get you something
aneela
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I think the ladies have some great ideas ! You get something for yourself and let the little ones make you a card with your help. Just something to mark the day and it will get different each year on out. Hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Oh, I should have mentioned that my daughter is playing in a soccer tournament on mothers day that we have to travel to. The best part? Its near the outlet mall!

jjmama12
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I completely understand. Not only will this be my first Mother's Day without my ex, but also....I will be in Training so I wont have my children either. They will be celebrating with their dad's new girlfriend and her kids. And I will be alone. But I hope to be strong as I know even if I am not with anyone, soon I will be and the holidays will be so much sweeter. Not gonna lie Im probably going to be sad but Im going to try to be positive. I am still their mother, regardless if they may have a step mom soon or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)