Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Deadbeat Dads Vent II - seriously?

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:20 AM
  • 9 Replies
So x Has supervised visits which he refuses to do. He also gets one monitored phone call per week, which he frequently misses.

So he calls tonight and my 13 year old ds asks if he is working.... X has not worked in a long time. So then ds asks him where he lives now. X has been very transient and lived in 4different places in the last 6 months and had told the kids he was afraid he would b homeless. So Ds is concerned and trying to make conversation and asks where he lives now? Does he rent or own? Does he have a room mate? X gives very vague answers. Then ds asks for the address. X changes the subject. 18 yo ds who is in on the conversation asks why his dad changed the subject. X says he wants to know why ds wants the address. X says - who wants to know? Ds says me dad. X says why? Ds days I want to send you something. X says what? Ds says- letters dad. Older son says what do you think we're gonna send you? X says something worse. And refuses to give the kids his address. Douche.

When we hung up 18 yo laughs and says - boy did anyone else think that was super weird?

Hmmm you refuse to give your kids your address because you are afraid I am gonna try and get child support to help take care of our kids. In the process further hurting your 13 yo who just loves you and wanted to send you stuff because he misses you. How pathetic.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
xoch86
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Poor thing... What a douche!

Diamond2010
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:43 AM

I'm sorry your going through this. 

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM

That is pathetic.  I feel terrible for your kids that their dad thinks like this.

dawncs
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

You just have to be there for your sons when this happens on the telephone calls. This is a good teaching moment. You have to tell him Daddy made some choices in life when he decided not to work. The government does not help single fathers at all compared to mothers. The government expects men to be financially independent and responsible for their children. It will all catch up to him in the end. I know of a deadbeat father who went into a cash only business of vending machines to avoid child support, and he is in now in retirement and gets only $700 a month in retirement benefits from the government. Even with food stamps in the area, it is very hard to afford these things. Also, the government housing wait list for the county is very long.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

Snowl
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM

*hugs* for you and your boys. Ex is an ass, he will be sorry when he eventually descides to have a relationship with his boys and they don't want anything to do with him. Just remind the boys they are loved even if ex can't show it.

steviechick
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Nothing is worse knowing your father since the day you were born and at the ripe age of 17 your 'loving' father ups and destroys your entire family because he wants to be a douce bag.   That's what my DD went through 2 yrs ago. 

I know one day my ex will wish he never did this to us.  Karma will end up catching up to him.  He's one messed up dude. 

Hugs to you, mama!  Just continue (like I do) loving, nurturing and caring for your kids.  That's how they will get through all of this. 

mz23
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM
What a p.o.s loser. Ugh. I feel for your kids but I'm sure they know they got an awesome mama : ) the majority of men are just...pathetic.
sid1083
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe dad was on drugs?

Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:53 PM
I doubt it. More likely because he is not taking drugs for his bipolar I.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN