Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I'm boring because I'm a mom

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM
  • 13 Replies
3 moms liked this

I had someone tell me since I became a mom I became boring.

MY RESPONSE: I am a single mother of a little girl who I have to set a good example for. I don't have the heart to just dump my child on someone so I can rip and run the streets. I don't smoke because (1) it's unhealthy and (2) I just don't care to anymore. I'd rather be smoke free teaching my daughter drugs isn't the way to go and if and when I come across a job that needs me to drop I don't have to worry about cleaning out my system I can just go drop confident and drug free. But MAINLY my daughter ha a smoke allergy and it's in her best interest for mommy not to smoke. I don't need to go out clubbing every weekend, I don't want to get drunk . I am 27 will be 28 in December. Those same things always getting fucked up and constantly out partying, those are the things I was doing when I was a teenager. There comes a point in your life when you grow up rather it's just because you are suppose to be grown now or because you became a parent. To those who are parents and still choose to live like they don't have kids then hey that's your business but I can guarantee you those aren't the people I surround myself with. If I choose to have my life revolve around my child at this time then guess what...that's exactly what I'm gonna do. That's what makes me the good mother that I am!

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM

My mom has emphazema.  As your your friends if they want to spend their remaining elderly years stuck in home and breathing on a ventilator at night and take an inhaler at least four times a day. 

You ARE a great mom and being responsible for a life.  You GO girl!

flawskii
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM
In all honesty I could careless about their health at this point. We're all grown women who knows the consequences of smoking. My daughter is more important than my friendships. How I feel is that real friends know where my focus is.

Quoting steviechick:

My mom has emphazema.  As your your friends if they want to spend their remaining elderly years stuck in home and breathing on a ventilator at night and take an inhaler at least four times a day. 

You ARE a great mom and being responsible for a life.  You GO girl!

rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:30 PM

You're not boring, you just grew up.  Nothing wrong with that! :)

kidlover2
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree :) although I just found out last summer I have the beginnings of emphysema even though I have never smoked or have been around somebody who did. :( sometimes life is cruel.
dawncs
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:05 PM

You are doing the right thing by your daughter. Teach her to eat a rainbow of vegetables at a young age and other healthy habbits. She will grow up to be as beautiful as you.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

easinpc
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Lol I'm the first person to admit I have a rather boring quiet life but I prefer it that way.  I work, take care of my son, go to his activities, do things with him, and do my school work.  I don't drink/do drugs/smoke/party and am happier taking a hike thru the woods or watching a movie at home than going to a bar/club.  So I don't see anything bad about being told I'm boring lol.

Lovingmommy1028
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

i dont go out all the time & sometimes i cant go out but if i get a chance to go out once in awhile i take it cause i dont go out much to just have a lil me time or as i say adult time for myself but i am always with my son you never see me without my son or my son with out me when we have family get togethers i am always with my son & if he takes a nap then i know where he is at & then i go chill with the family for alil bit but once he is up i stay with him until it is time to go 

Mamii23
by on May. 2, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been told the same buy idc I'm proud Momma :) keep it up Momma!
Tsmommy106
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I'm boring too. I won't just ditch my son to go out. I don't want anyone else to be there for my son but me. I'm his mommy. I did the whole party thing in HS, I've out grown that. I outgrew that pretty much before I had my son. I'm on a mommy schedule, seems to be early mornings and early to bed. I'm too tired to stay out till 2am at the bar. I also would be way to tired to get up with my son in the morning. That's not the mom I want to be.

I feel sorry for the kids that have party hopping moms. Who's there for them when mommy is getting drunk at the bars?

You're a good mommy. Don't let anyone tell you anything else!!!

flawskii
by on May. 2, 2013 at 6:34 PM

One of my so called "friends" is always on facebook talking about how she can wait to smoke and get high and like a week after her second son (she don't have custody of her first son her mom does) she went out to a club and got into a fight. I just can't be like that and I don't feel right associating myself with her anymore. We have two different goals when it comes to our children and to our lives as well. 

Quoting Tsmommy106:

I'm boring too. I won't just ditch my son to go out. I don't want anyone else to be there for my son but me. I'm his mommy. I did the whole party thing in HS, I've out grown that. I outgrew that pretty much before I had my son. I'm on a mommy schedule, seems to be early mornings and early to bed. I'm too tired to stay out till 2am at the bar. I also would be way to tired to get up with my son in the morning. That's not the mom I want to be.

I feel sorry for the kids that have party hopping moms. Who's there for them when mommy is getting drunk at the bars?

You're a good mommy. Don't let anyone tell you anything else!!!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN