Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm boring because I'm a mom

Posted by   + Show Post

I had someone tell me since I became a mom I became boring.

MY RESPONSE: I am a single mother of a little girl who I have to set a good example for. I don't have the heart to just dump my child on someone so I can rip and run the streets. I don't smoke because (1) it's unhealthy and (2) I just don't care to anymore. I'd rather be smoke free teaching my daughter drugs isn't the way to go and if and when I come across a job that needs me to drop I don't have to worry about cleaning out my system I can just go drop confident and drug free. But MAINLY my daughter ha a smoke allergy and it's in her best interest for mommy not to smoke. I don't need to go out clubbing every weekend, I don't want to get drunk . I am 27 will be 28 in December. Those same things always getting fucked up and constantly out partying, those are the things I was doing when I was a teenager. There comes a point in your life when you grow up rather it's just because you are suppose to be grown now or because you became a parent. To those who are parents and still choose to live like they don't have kids then hey that's your business but I can guarantee you those aren't the people I surround myself with. If I choose to have my life revolve around my child at this time then guess what...that's exactly what I'm gonna do. That's what makes me the good mother that I am!

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Replies (11-13):
Monsita
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

bow downI am in your team too! 

celticdragon77
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:52 AM

THEY ARE FOOLS! NEVER LISTEN TO FOOLS!!!

There is great honor, strength and character in being a good mom. Never ever doubt that! Stay strong mama. = )

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... - Emerson  

Warning: This iPad enjoys auto correcting into jibberish. I have three kids 17, 10.5 and 9 yrs old. This mama works, homeschools, and explores life + varied interests. 

cholita1978
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM

That's me, it has been over a year since I went out (I was visiting my mom, and I went out for some drinks w/ a friend, while grandma babysat :-) my life is very simple, the only exciting thing is dd and I adopted a cat :-) about two months ago. And I wouldn't change anything about my life now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)