Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

hard to be a single mom when.....

Posted by   + Show Post
You have one income, part time job, no summer work , living w mom temporarily till able to get a place. Hard wben grama complains about Everything and very negative, what to do,?
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Replies (11-15):
jennifergraham
by on May. 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM

try to see it from your child's perspective.... is it good for her?  My parents divorced when I was an infant and my mom and I lived with my grandparents until I was 13.  I know it was hard on my mother, but I am so grateful to her now for doing it because it was the best thing for me as a child.  I had two moms caring for me, my grandmother helped so my mom could work, and we lived in a much nicer neighborhood than my mother could have afforded on her own.  When the short-term is terrible, sometimes it's best to focus on the long-term. Hang in there, and accept all the help that people offer!

Robsessed98
by on May. 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM
You appreciate your mom letting y'all live there, keep looking for a good job, scrimp and save until you can get your own place and then move out. Remember that although your living conditions aren't ideal, it could be much worse. Not everyone has family that will help.
musicalcat31
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM

i don't know but i have the same thing here and it is very hard except for the job thing i have 2 part time jobs and my mom takes care of my son while i work

justahousewife
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Negative people make our responsibilities a lot harder. I find it easier being on my own, paying a mortgage and all the other hopla when I have no one bitching in my ear. The single parent thing isn't the hard part its the negative people you let in your life that makes it hard.

Get out of the house, think outside the box, work your ass off and you'll do a lot better. It's hard but you can do it.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on May. 3, 2013 at 11:35 PM

good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN