Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

He called me another woman's name...

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:31 PM
  • 17 Replies

I called to follow up on him seeing his daughter. When he answered he called me someone elses name.  I calmly  just shrugged it off and continued the conversation as if it didn't happen. He apologized and we continued the conversation.

Logic says ...ok this is life...we are both expected to move on.  ...but why am I so emotional right now?

Also, It doesnt help that  I'm at work and I'm trying to remain calm.

simple frown

by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 2, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Because he was a part of your life and its rude and inconsiderate
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I know the feeling of personal pain.  My ex had an 'ode' on his FB about 'the woman of his dreams his one true love'.  Knowing how he truly felt about me while he was having an affair behind my back cuts deep.  I was married to this scumbag for 26 yrs. 

kidlover2
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Ewww... My exhusband will still occasionally say he loves me at the end of a phone convo. Drives me batty. And he left me 2 years ago.
krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

He did it to manipulate you and piss you off. Look at it for what it is instead of what he wants you to and rise above it. You are better off with out him.

mz23
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
He probably did it on purpose.
JadesMamma
by on May. 4, 2013 at 12:09 PM

the bastard

Quoting steviechick:

Yeah, I know the feeling of personal pain.  My ex had an 'ode' on his FB about 'the woman of his dreams his one true love'.  Knowing how he truly felt about me while he was having an affair behind my back cuts deep.  I was married to this scumbag for 26 yrs. 

JadesMamma
by on May. 4, 2013 at 12:14 PM

sure was!

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Because he was a part of your life and its rude and inconsiderate

Robsessed98
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm gonna have to play devils advocate here. I can remember calling my dh by dd's dad's name twice without realizing it until he pointed it out. It just happened during 2 every day convos. Who knows, maybe it happened other times and he didn't say anything. I wasn't even thinking about the ex and would have never done it on purpose. But, I also call my kids and g'sons by other names occasionally too, so..
princezlisa12
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:35 PM

It sucks..but you are right, both are expected to move on.  Playing devil's advocate, he could have just spoken to a friend or relative prior to your calling and accidently called you their name instead.

When you two meet to exchange your daughter, act like nothing happened.  He may just want to see your reaction.

Caramel824
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM
It's called a slip up,I've called dad mom,and vice versa!!!dont take it personal!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN