Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Jealousy is showing....

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:48 PM
  • 22 Replies

So Mother's Day always falls on ex's weekend with the girls.  He just brings them home Sunday morning instead of Sunday night, he did this the past 2 years.  He texted today saying "Hey do you want the girls at all on Mother's Day?"  I said "Of course I do, just bring them home before you go to church".  He now attends church (dont get me started on THAT, he's just doing it for show) with his gf and their kid.  He said "Would it be ok to bring them after church?"  I thought...um no, church doesnt get out until 10:30 and then its their nap time for 2 hours so the day would be half gone.  I said "Id really like the whole day with them."  Im sure they are doing some Mothers Day celebration at the church and he wants the girls to be there.  Im going to pull my crazy ex jealousy card and say no way are my girls participating in a mothers day thing for his stupid gf that he cheated on me with and knocked up while he was sitll married to me, who slept in my house while I was in the hospital and who made my ex feel guilty each time he left her to come home and help me with the babies.  Not happening.  She is no mother to them.  They arent even allowed to stay overnight at her apartment, not because of me, because of HER.  Ex stays with them at his mothers house on his weekends.  So yeah, i dont want them to go to anything that celebrates her.  Call me jealous.

by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

No need to feel jealous, its your right to have your girls for mothers day. If he asks why just say that its a mothers day thing and how you are sure he would like the same consideration for fathers day.

Mamii23
by on May. 2, 2013 at 4:01 PM
I understand you completely I'm in similar situation.
steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I won't call you jealous at all.  I would do the same thing if I had a minor child my ex wanted to see on Mother's Day.  No way in hell would any of my kids spend Mother's Day with the tramp that caused my marriage to break-up.  Mother's Day is YOUR day.  Your ex just wants to make a 'show' for the gf and nothing else.  Tell him to bring the kids home on Saturday night.

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I told him I wanted them the whole day.  He just responded.  "I understand, I'll bring them home that morning.  But I will proably pick them up early on Friday tho."  Whatever, thats fine with me, he picks them up from my sitter on Friday because I work so it wont put me out at all if he does that. I just cant believe he thought I would let him take them to church to honor HER.  Not happening.  

Quoting steviechick:

I won't call you jealous at all.  I would do the same thing if I had a minor child my ex wanted to see on Mother's Day.  No way in hell would any of my kids spend Mother's Day with the tramp that caused my marriage to break-up.  Mother's Day is YOUR day.  Your ex just wants to make a 'show' for the gf and nothing else.  Tell him to bring the kids home on Saturday night.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 2, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Wow, he's got a lot of nerve.

My ex and I always swapped weekends if Mother's day came on his or Father's day came on mine.

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Getting him to swap weekends is like pulling teeth so we just give up a day if either one falls on our weekends. 

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

My ex and I always swapped weekends if Mother's day came on his or Father's day came on mine.

Tsmommy106
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh no! I definitely wouldn't let my kid stay there either. I work the Sat before Mothers Day and I get my son back that night so I can wake up with him. I don't care if I don't get to sleep in, I'm a mom and I want my son on my day. There is no way your girls should have to celebrate with that witch.

dawncs
by on May. 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

You are not crazy or jealous. Cheaters typically want to show a happy front and love to make their partner feel imporant, but I do not know this from first hand experience on my end. However, there is always the chance that he will cheat again, and it could happen to his curren gf. However, she would never believe you on this one trust me. You want to follow the court order as it stands. It is all the court cares about is compliance with the parenting time. You should tell him you expect them before church. However, he can have the twins for Step parent's day in September, but it would be a laugh since they are not legally married.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

lovemybabes3
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM

i wouldnt have let him have mothers day...we worked it in our agreement that i always get mothers day no matter whos weekend and he gets fathers day...i tried to do the here you can have fathers day all weekend but he threw a big stink so we split those days if its not our weekend...but you have every right to be upset, those are your kids and you should spend that day w/ them

dawncs
by on May. 2, 2013 at 4:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Just stick to the custody order then since he is never flexible with you. Tell him since he plans on attending church that you expect the girls at 8 a.m., so he is not late. If he is not there by that time, tell him you are calling the cops to enforce the parenting order since Mother's Day is spent with the mother not the father. Would he like a scene to happen at his parents' house due to it? From now on do not be flexible with him when it comes to the schedule. Just follow it to the letter. It is all the judges care about if he makes a stink about it in court.

Quoting Stephd710:

Getting him to swap weekends is like pulling teeth so we just give up a day if either one falls on our weekends. 

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)