Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Tired of Being 'Single'

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:50 PM
  • 23 Replies
2 moms liked this

How many of us are simply tired of being single and unattached?  I am.  I miss companionship.  I miss sex.  I miss being a part of a man's life.  My friends aren't always available to do things with and sometimes I find myself just sitting at home watching tv.  I gave up a lot of my life because of the man I was married to.  Money problems were up and down throughout my entire marriage.  There was hardly any money to have a decent life.  But, if I wanted to do something with my then husband he was there to share a life with me.  Up until he became active duty everything changed.  I went from having someone in my life to being alone raising a daughter.  I know of several people that are lucky enough to find someone just a few months after they have separated from their spouses.  These aren't rebounds.  These are bonafide relationships.  Why hasn't this happened to me?  Instead I'm still alone.   Sometimes it's hard not to tear up because I feel frustrated about my circumstance.  I know that there is someone out there for me, but fate is taking it's sweet time.  Besides going out on a dating site and 'shopping' around for a date (which I will never do) I can't think of any other way to meet someone.  My friends happen to have known someone in their past that they knew was single and they simply hooked up.  I know of no one single in my past I would even consider looking up.  I'm a good looking woman, smart, outgoing and I have all kinds of interests from working out to watching football, to being a great cook, to going to the golfing range, to knowing about world events.    

Perhaps I'm just melancholy for someone to actually see me for what I truly am - a great catch. 

It's hard not to tear up knowing that just about everyeone else I know has found happiness once again while I sit and wonder what I'm going to make for dinner tonight and if I'm actually going to meet Mr. Right for once in my life.

by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Aww sweetie, you know all the things I wanna say to you already bc you've said them many times before and you its true. Your time will come, but until then keep hanging in. Make a list of the benefits of being single and look at it when you're feeling this way.((hugs))
breebree04
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Im in the same boat and feel the same way. I know I dont need a man to make me happy but I have been single for soooo long now and I just want that friendship/companionship that your talking about. I did do the internet dating and did meet a guy. We were together and eventually lived together for alittle over a year but it didnt end up lasting. Im nervous to do the internet dating thing again, theres too many crazies out there! I dont have many friends but the ones I do have dont know anybody single that I would be interested in. ugh, I know it will happen eventually but Im tired of waiting and Im getting impatient!

steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Thanks, ladies.  I do need all the support I can get.  ; )

I know my time will come.  It's just the inbetween time that I hate. 

If it wasn't for the scare factor for me I would be doing the on-line dating thing.  I just don't want to go down that road of disappointment after a miserably long marriage.  E-mailing and then finally meeting a total stranger sounds like something I can't and won't go through.  I also know that not all men on-line are awful but most are. 

I guess I'll just keep thinking positive that some good man will come into my life and feel envious of those that have that someone in their life.  My love life has been so disappointing for me.  I SO deserve happiness. 

kitcal78
by Gigi on May. 3, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Internet dating is a joke. Patience is a virtue. Ladies love and a compatible mate will come.
sid1083
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I get down sometimes too about being single. But it seems like anytime there's even a prospect of a relationship on the horizon I remember what I like so much about being single.

Nights, lack of friends and scheduling availability when I really need to get out only intensify the loneliness for me. I think the best consolation I have though is to be able to look back and remember what a great time I really did have being single and getting to know myself better (well, and be able to do exactly what I want with absolutely no consideration for anyone else, kids excluded). 

maddiemommy2009
by on May. 3, 2013 at 5:06 PM
I don't think its a joke yea they have some sycos out there but I personally know a few people who met there husbands of a dating site.

To me internet dating is risky and I don't have patience for it

Quoting kitcal78:

Internet dating is a joke. Patience is a virtue. Ladies love and a compatible mate will come.

maddiemommy2009
by on May. 3, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel the same way you do I don't need a man but I want one . I miss that type of companion . But I'm also scared I fall for the wrong ones again .
MicahBoo07
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I use to get down like that but after a year of being single I just don't care anymore. He will come in God's time and not my own so I won't rush it. When I rush it then it gets to be a mess and a way wrong guy for me. Keep ur chin up and he will come
deltathree
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I so hear you!  Hugs....

kitcal78
by Gigi on May. 4, 2013 at 12:14 AM
True it does work for some. Unfortunately my own personal experience it was a failed venture. I got tired of men halfway across the country hitting me up. Seriously I made it clear no long distance. I found out I had more important stuff to do then internet date. I let it go.

Quoting maddiemommy2009:

I don't think its a joke yea they have some sycos out there but I personally know a few people who met there husbands of a dating site.

To me internet dating is risky and I don't have patience for it

Quoting kitcal78:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)