Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have you ever asked yourself ....

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 7:43 PM
  • 22 Replies

who is going to want me now with a child?  what advise would you give me a single teen mom wanting a relationship?

by on May. 2, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kidlover2
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM
6 moms liked this
I had those exact same fears as a 30 year old with 3 children..... When I finally became comfortable being me and started enjoying my children and life again; perfectly content on where I was...that is when the most absolutely wonderful man came in to my life and enveloped my girls as his own and treats me like a queen. After 9 years of a hellish marriage, I finally know what true love is all about.
MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on May. 2, 2013 at 11:46 PM
I used to. But nowadays pretty much everyone has children. Just remember that it takes a special person to accept another mans children and don't ever settle for less than y'all deserve. Just take it slow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monsita
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

"WHO REALLY LOVES YOU, LOVES EVERYTHING YOU ARE AND YOU HAVE"in love

Baby5678
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 5:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Noooooo!!! I just think the guy I end up with is going to have to be suuuuuuper awesome. I wouldn't date anyone who didn't love kids. If someone gets scared away I think good! It's a good filter lol
unspecified42
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 6:07 AM
4 moms liked this
The best advice I got when I was feeling low about never finding someone to date because I had a child is that having a child is like a filter. It will filter out all of the guys that you wouldn't want to bother with anyway, who aren't worth you and your child's time.

Also, give yourself time. Focus on you and your child. Confidence is one of the most attractive attributes a person can have! That's what my fiancé (who is a wonderful man!) told me that was what he found most attractive about me at first. It took me a long time to get there- my son was 6 when we met- but it was worth the time! I focused on myself and bettering my position and life, and eventually, when I was really ready, set out to meet someone. And we're getting married in 23 days:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:49 AM
3 moms liked this

You have to have confidence in yourself first.  There IS a man out there for every one of us.  When a man looks at you and sees how wonderful you are and that you are a single mom he sees a great package.  My step-dad saw this when he met my mom.  She had four kids.  My step-dad knew my mom came with a 'package' when he decided to marry her.  They have been together for 40 years.

easinpc
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I agree with this!! 

Quoting steviechick:

You have to have confidence in yourself first.  There IS a man out there for every one of us.  When a man looks at you and sees how wonderful you are and that you are a single mom he sees a great package. 

SnapIt
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Concentrate on your kid/s, school, work, money
And you have "plenty" of time ahead

Enjoy life
Dont rush relationships
Dont sleep around

I was married and I divorced in my 40s
At that age you think time is short and who will want you, older and with kids
It happens when it does
Im with someone now and he is also divorced with kids and he said the same thing.
Who would want a 40something yr old divorcee with kids

Someone
sid1083
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I can't say I've really ever thought of it that way for myself. But since having kids I also haven't been in a rush to get in a new relationship. I casually date but some days I think it's more so I don't lose the "getting to know someone new" skills rather than really find a relationship.

candymandy
by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM
2 moms liked this

You have given me hope. I just turned 30 newly single and with two kids.... Starting to feel like my white picket fence fantasy is never going to come true..

Quoting kidlover2:

I had those exact same fears as a 30 year old with 3 children..... When I finally became comfortable being me and started enjoying my children and life again; perfectly content on where I was...that is when the most absolutely wonderful man came in to my life and enveloped my girls as his own and treats me like a queen. After 9 years of a hellish marriage, I finally know what true love is all about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)