Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Any new mommies??

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

with a baby who has a reversed sleep schedule? I had to get used to sleeping when he sleeps most during the day, and only sporadically during the night. I choose not to sleep at night, because when I only nap for a short bit I wake up more tired and disoriented, and this proves to be frustrating when it is only me. Time goes by soooo slowly when there is nothing on the television and none of my friends are up to talk except some new mommies also (but they are having better luck with sleep than I am, or have partners to help!!). Anyone have the same problem and need someone to talk to??

by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Most babies will adjust to mom's sleep schedule after a few weeks.  You shouldn't need to change your schedule to fit baby's.

1stTimeMomma27
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM

My baby is a newborn so I am just waiting for that time to come!!

veganistic
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Can you try waking him a bit more during the day? you may need to help him transition to a healthy nighttime sleep schedule.
veganistic
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:46 PM
It helps to keep it quiet after a certain time, low lights, tv sound off or close to it. Daytime keep it bright, go outside a few times and get fresh air and sunlight, allow noise/music.
1stTimeMomma27
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:55 PM

He is slowly transitioning to being a nighttime sleeper, I have tried practically everything though. I was told to give it time, that he will get there eventually. : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)