Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My single mom struggle...

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:27 PM
  • 29 Replies

5 1/2 months pregnant I moved back home to get help from my mom since I was living in a state where I knew no one and had no help. I thought I was making the right decision. Fast forward, my daughter is now 8 months, I'm unemployed looking for work, and have no one to help me. On my mom off days she won't keep my daughter so I can go look for jobs, she barely want to keep her so I can run to the store to get her more formula and milk, mind you the other day it was raining so I didn't want to take her out. Now I know it's not my moms responsibility to watch her but you'd think she want to help since she was the one with the idea for me to come home.

My sister was telling me about a shelter that can give me the help I need and want. They have a daycare on site, they help you find employment, takes you shopping for interview clothes (lord knows I need that I barely have clothes that I can fit), helps you find housing, gives you rides to and from the job interviews (which is helpful because I have no car) and if you attend school they take you to and from. 

I just want to get back on my feet. I want to be able to provide for my daughter like a mother is suppose to. I'm tired of feeling helpless and hopeless. My mom doesn't want me to go but I truly feel in my heart that this is what's best for me and my daughter. This is the help I need and want.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on May. 2, 2013 at 11:39 PM
That sounds like a great program for you to get into. You have to do what's right for you and your LO. Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kels1023
by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:40 PM
4 moms liked this
Good luck mamma. We all go through hard times. Stay strong and it WILL get better.
Michelleg-31
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Going into that program sounds good! Your mom sounds like she loves you and cares about you but love doesn't pay the bills. I know exactly how you feel, you feel dependant on her. You want your independence back and provide fully for your child right? Make the first step and get into that shelter. It'll be hard for little while but you'll eventually push through. ♥
flawskii
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Thank you. I tried telling my mom it's the best thing but she doesn't agree. As much as I love her and respect her opinions this is just one thing we will have to disagree on.

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

That sounds like a great program for you to get into. You have to do what's right for you and your LO. Good luck :)

CafeMom Tickers
mz23
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Good luck. I'm kindq in a similar situation but i couldn't go a shelter. Good luck though, sounds likea really nice program i hope you get a job soon and wish me the same!
flawskii
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Good luck mamas! 

Quoting mz23:

Good luck. I'm kindq in a similar situation but i couldn't go a shelter. Good luck though, sounds likea really nice program i hope you get a job soon and wish me the same!

CafeMom Tickers
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 5, 2013 at 10:53 AM

If that's what you need to do for you and your child that's what you need to do.  Maybe contact them and see if there are any programs that you can stay at your mothers house and utilize their services to get back on your feet.

CafeMom Tickers

flawskii
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I don't want to stay at my moms I want to leave.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

If that's what you need to do for you and your child that's what you need to do.  Maybe contact them and see if there are any programs that you can stay at your mothers house and utilize their services to get back on your feet.

CafeMom Tickers
newmama008
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you applied for assistance through the state? They will also help find a job and provide daycare while you go to interviews and search for jobs.

Robsessed98
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
You have to do what's best for you and your baby. It's not your mother's choice. I personally would be all over the opportunity to receive all that help. Just do what your gut tells you is right.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN