Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I want to punch her face in!!!! Vent and advice

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:05 AM
  • 17 Replies

Ok so my bd has refused to take me to court to establish parenting plan. I used to let him see his daughter whenever he wanted but he kept messing with her by coming in her life for 2 weeks and then ignoring all contact when he gets pissy over child support. That messes a kid up especially when you tell a 2 yr old you're taking her to the zoo the next day and she doesn't hear from you for 3 years. The most recent time he saw her was around her 5th birthday, then his other daughter was born and that was it, bye bye ignore all calls again whatever. I told him never again. If he wants visitation he has to take me to court to establish a parenting plan. Thats it. He won't do it. Well his bm loves to start fights. Constantly talking crap about me to everyone who will listen that I don't work, I live of his CS, I never let him see his daughter blah blah blah. Well bd paid cs the other day, a whopping $22, when he is court ordered 182 / 2 weeks. So of course I filed contempt of court. He is over 8 grand behind, and is constantly doing erratic payments or non payments. I'm tired of it. I recently lost my job when new owners came in and laid off the entire staff to bring in their own people. So yeah I was kind of depending on child support to pay rent, because the side work I was doing was going to paying for my daughters needs as well as saving up for bills. So now shes on FB talking crap about me. I'll add the screen shot with her last name ommitted in the comments. My question is, is she right about the law, if you're court ordered a certain amount, and you pay at least 1 dollar a month, you can't be held in contempt?

by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ASLmommy89
by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:07 AM

grr I can't get the picture to come up bigger

ASLmommy89
by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:08 AM

krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:43 AM
5 moms liked this

Take a printout of that to the judge. Normally I would say don't look at her fb page and stress over it but when you can use it in court against him, GO FOR IT! Remember, revenge is a dish best served COLD.

sallij
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I don't know about Florida specifically, but that isn't how it works in Ohio and I doubt it's true in FL.
steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I went through a court battle just over two weeks ago with the ex because he was in contempt of court for nonpayment of cs.  I won my case.  I'm in the middle of getting garnishments from the ex.  The judge ruled that he was indeed in contempt of court.  So garnishments are in place.  If my ex decides to continue to be a deadbeat future garnishments will be in place and more than likely held. 

When you are awarded a divorce settlement your ex has to pay the agreed to amount or he goes into contempt of court.  If he doesn't comply with the order garnishments are set-up.  There is no law that states only $1 can be paid towards cs.  That's total BS.  Custoday agreements are set-up for this very reason.  If you have one in place get garnishments in place. 

ASLmommy89
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

He had a wage garnishment already, but they weren't taking out the full amount ordered. So by law he has to pay the difference at the court house because he was ordered a set amount. He has never done that. Now he's filing for unemployment and they told him they will take out 32% for cs so hopefully that happens but I'm still going for liquidation or siezure of assets.

Quoting steviechick:

I went through a court battle just over two weeks ago with the ex because he was in contempt of court for nonpayment of cs.  I won my case.  I'm in the middle of getting garnishments from the ex.  The judge ruled that he was indeed in contempt of court.  So garnishments are in place.  If my ex decides to continue to be a deadbeat future garnishments will be in place and more than likely held. 

When you are awarded a divorce settlement your ex has to pay the agreed to amount or he goes into contempt of court.  If he doesn't comply with the order garnishments are set-up.  There is no law that states only $1 can be paid towards cs.  That's total BS.  Custoday agreements are set-up for this very reason.  If you have one in place get garnishments in place. 

steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for you!  Deadbeats need to be shown they have to comply to being a father.  I know it's a hard concept for some of them. 

Quoting ASLmommy89:

He had a wage garnishment already, but they weren't taking out the full amount ordered. So by law he has to pay the difference at the court house because he was ordered a set amount. He has never done that. Now he's filing for unemployment and they told him they will take out 32% for cs so hopefully that happens but I'm still going for liquidation or siezure of assets.

Quoting steviechick:

my2kids912
by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM
u should still pursue it in court. maybe they will put a stipulation on him not making a bigger effort. im sure there is something you or thry can do. best way to find out.....
Robsessed98
by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Each state has different cs laws, but in OK as long as he's paying something they won't pursue him. Why don't you have his check garnished?
andyroosmama
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

In TX, if the amount paid is lower than the amount set by the court, he is in contempt. If he is only paying 1.00, then he is still in contempt... the CS is to support the child, and you cannot support a child on 1.00 every month. Pursue it and take a print out to the judge, this baby mama can also be held accountable because her child is younger than yours, her amount of support will be lower than yours... your child has more priority in the eyes of the state.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN