Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

people use the word LOVE to losely

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:11 AM
  • 22 Replies
Like really what is love? So many people have so many definition of love . How do you know if its lust or love.

The say love is not only for the good times but also the bad and yet they call you a fool inlove when you stick around for the bad.

Whats your opinion on love people I would really love to know . Because I did something for the person I love..... at the time i think it was for the best . Even though I know it would cost us losing each other .
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM

There was some sort of saying years ago about loving someone means that you have to let them go, if the love was meant to be that they would come back,

I also think there's different kinds of love. When you are "in love" vs "love", I love my children, family and very good friends but I am not in love with them.

kidlover2
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Love is an action. It is looking out for the best interest of somebody and sometimes putting their feelings above your own. Love is NOT letting someone walk all over you and abuse you. They do not love you nor are looking out for you. Romantic "gooey" love are feelings that ebb and flow. They are never to be trusted long term and should never determine your choices.
Love is also trust. Trust that someone accepts you flaws and all and not to use your mistakes against you. Pushing people away from you to prevent trust and closeness is not loving.
maddiemommy2009
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I guess that's what I did I let him go but it sucks that he thinks I let gim go because I didn't care......
I think I rather love someone than be inlove this is just my view but being inlove is like being obssess .

But like you said let them go and if they come back it will mean so much more if not then its something I've gone through to grow.
Lovingmommy1028
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:21 AM

i feel love is a feeling that it comes unexpected when you least expect it 

Mama110981
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:24 AM
This... But I feel its a different love for everyone... Do I love my family and friends? Sure. Do i love my son?... Absolutely more than anything in the world... As far as the romantic kinda im in love with someone love? I have up on that yrs ago

Quoting Lovingmommy1028:

maddiemommy2009
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I think growing up in an abusive home affected my love life I tend to fall for the ones that hurts me.

I don't know how to explain my thoughts and feelings but I have this mentally like if my parents who loves me so much hurt me so bad who's a total stranger and I guess I allow myself to settle for less .
steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Love - now that word is confusing to me anymore.  I thought I loved my ex when we were married.  At least that's what I felt towards him even though I was miserable.  When he told me about his affair he told me that he loved me and always will.  After 26 yrs of marriage how can you not love someone?  In my case I fell out of love when my ex told me of his betrayal.  Some don't fall out of love until after they have been divorced for a while.  Not me.  I was so hurt that I literally stopped loving my husband.  It turned to hurt and sadness.  I know my ex's meaning of the word 'love' is so scattered.  He writes in his FB page that he 'found the woman of his dreams his one true love' but this woman was his tramp.  He kept her a secret from me and everyone else until he knew he couldn't keep it a secret anymore.  That was less then a week before he left for deployment.  Was it all about his military career?  Yes, of course it was.  It had nothing to do with 'not wanting to hurt me'.  It was about CYA mode. 

Lovingmommy1028
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM

the romantic love  comes when you least expect it 

Quoting Mama110981:

This... But I feel its a different love for everyone... Do I love my family and friends? Sure. Do i love my son?... Absolutely more than anything in the world... As far as the romantic kinda im in love with someone love? I have up on that yrs ago

Quoting Lovingmommy1028:

Mama110981
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Yea yea. I know. I still gave up on it. After 3 very abusive relationships in the last 10 yrs, the most recent being with ds bio dad. I have offically and completely given up on love of any sort unless its for my son.

Quoting Lovingmommy1028:

the romantic love  comes when you least expect it 

Quoting Mama110981:

Quoting Lovingmommy1028:

kidlover2
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM
You tend to fall for someone who is similar to the parent(s) who you had the difficult relationship with in order to "fix" it. My ex husband was so similar to my mom...right down to the crazy mood swings. Once I realized that and started working on me and realizing that my mom and I will never have a functioning relationship, I became more content and at peace with myself. I forgave my mother for her crazy and abusive ways knowing that she herself grew up in that kind of environment. When a man finally came into my life... I saw some similarities; intense, opinionated, determined... But the important ones; honesty, maturity, responsibility are very different from my mom and ex. I finally have discovered what true caring and love is really all about.

Quoting maddiemommy2009:

I think growing up in an abusive home affected my love life I tend to fall for the ones that hurts me.

I don't know how to explain my thoughts and feelings but I have this mentally like if my parents who loves me so much hurt me so bad who's a total stranger and I guess I allow myself to settle for less .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)