Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Always A Mom

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

My daughter and I had a conversation about her father the other day.  It pertained to the on-going battle in regards to our divorce agreement.   The actions that my ex has taken towards me and my daughter are deplorable at best.  I think it's the best way to describe the situation.  Maybe even dispicable.  My daughter and I have had to force my ex into court based on a contempt of court charge for non-compliance to the agreement he signed before we were officially divorced back in November of 2011. 

During the court hearing two weeks ago my ex didn't even acknowlege our daughter.  He simply ignored her when he walked by her in the hallway and in the courtroom after the judge set her ruling.  My ex can treat me like this but not our daughter.  She (nor I for that matter) did anything to hurt my ex.  He's so full of anger for his own actions that resulted in destroying a family and a 26 yr marriage.  Since my separation and divorce my ex has mentally and verbally abused our daughter to the point where he's been blocked from calling her.  He has the availability to contact her at work but has since decided not to.  He also knows where she lives and has decided to ignore her.  He's also not even bothered to help financially support her.  She's gone without financial help while attending school and has come to me for financial help since her father refuses to comply with the agreement he signed.  He's a louse and a deadbeat and could simply care less.

My daughter even asked me if she will end up having mental problems like her father.  I told her that there is too much me inside of her.  Too much 'good, decency and honesty'.  That put a smile on her face.  But, the mere fact of thinking she could be like her father genetically made me incredibly sad.  What my ex has done to hurt so many people is beyond belief sometimes. 

I will always be a mom to my daughter no matter what.  I will never give up on her nor treat her with any distain like her father.  She deserves so much more in life. 

by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
easinpc
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you are a wonderful mother to her!!

Robsessed98
by on May. 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Treating people like shit on their shoe is not a genetic trait. Loss of decency and morality is caused by a series of bad choices and lack of character. It's not inherited or contagious. She's got you, so she has no need to fear being like him.
diaperstodating
by Angel on May. 4, 2013 at 12:21 AM

moms rock

Monsita
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM

girl giving flowerYes, once a Mom always a Mom!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)