Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I need a REAL Friend

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM
  • 12 Replies

so, I am technically married but i am seperated from my husband. i am a mom to 3 kids and my oldest can be a handfull sometimes(it probably has to do with the issues between my husband and i). When i met my husband, i had to cut all ties with all but one of my friends because they were friends with a ex-boyfriend that my husband hated. fine-i understand why and it was my decision, now my problem is that my best friend since i was 8 years old has become "crazy" and is acting really strange and no longer is a good friend. i literally have no one. i have tried  to talk to a couple of people at work that are single moms but they seem like they don't want to give me advice at all. i have also tried to do penpalling for several years but it is hard to keep up and sometimes i just need someone to talk to right then and there and i have nobody. does anyone know of a place or website or something i can go to to find single moms that understand what i deal with on a daily basis??????

by on May. 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajohnson08099
by on May. 3, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep... you found it ^^

Otherwise I know how you feel to have no one.. or even worse no one you can trust
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 3, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Welcome to the group!

arkmomma06
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Quoting ajohnson08099:

Yep... you found it ^^

Otherwise I know how you feel to have no one.. or even worse no one you can trust

steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Finding friends and finding friends in real life are two separate things.  We all are here for you so ask us for advice.  ; )  As far as friends in real life have you tried attending church?  There are quite a few single moms at my church and we have made fast friends with each other.  Everyone genuinely cares for each other.  That's the kind of friendship you need.   The ones that won't help you aren't friends to begin with. I wouldn't even bother with them. 

Tsmommy106
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I don't have real life friends either. I lost all my friends between being a mom and all the bf with my bf, I can never go out. All my friends were single and bar hopping. Not my thing. I agree if you need single mommy advice, here is a good place. It's sometimes better to talk with other people that can relate to your situation but don't personally know you. Sometimes your friends don't want to hear the same old BS is ahppening again. I had a very up and down relationship and somethings I brought on myself. Now I know but to bad I lost some friends because of it. Good luck!!!

deltathree
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM

HI & welcome! :)  I hear ya with the friend thing.

labrax
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I assure you that you'll learn a lot here. Just browse through the posts, you are sure to find similar situations you might wish to learn from.

JCSmommy2
by on May. 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Why dont you try meetup.com they have groups for moms in your area..
bankky
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Am a single mother from nigeria i av been alone with my only child which is 25 years of age since when he was age 3 and i promise him till then to stay with him forever. Am happy for his life because he is growing in Gods way despite the fact that will are from africa especially Nigeria he have never engaged in crime and he is making me pround on his talent which is singing writting stories which can be act as film and playing football but the problem at hand now is that he love †☺ exploy himself abroad america asia or europe anybody which can be of help should contact me on 2348068977554. Thanks
heretolisten
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I know exactly how you feel.  I'm in the same position... It's so disheartening to have nobody.  Myself, I have tried the meetups, the church, the playgroups and truth is, online communities are only helpful when you can get online yet leave a void when it's company you desire or just someone to really get to know and truly befriend.  :(   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)