Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

my kid has a bite on her face AGAIN

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:11 PM
  • 4 Replies

I swear my family is made up of morons

about two months ago, my aunt who despite dogs being a new hobby, has decided to open up a doggy daycare/training facility in her home (mind you her dogs are the must ill behaved animals on the planet) So besides the snippy dogs that jump all over my kid, also has numerous larger dogs that she just me that day or week around my three year old. Well last time she went over there, she got a HUGE scratch on her face. I didn't get mad at my aunt but I let it known that I thought she was stupid for having my kid around those dogs and I haven't let her back there since

Then today she goes with my mother to visit relatives on my step-dad's side, and comes home with a bite mark on her cheek from the little dog that my great-grandmother has (this dog is probably about 15 years old, white, nippy dog that was an asshole when I met it 15 years ago) I'm livid, this is my kid's face. What kind of idiot lets a three year old play around an old-ass grumpy dog, let alone close enough that it can reach my kid's face! Umm was there any supervison here?

To make matters worse, the first thing they told me was that it was a scratch, UMM no it was a bite, a fucking bite, like I'm an idiot that can't tell a bite mark from a scratch?

I'm so tired of my family trying to undermine my parenting and act as if I'm a terrible irresponsible mother, when my kid comes home with bites on her face from dogs! I mean I have her around dogs all the time. and she doesn't get bit, because I watch her and let her know whats appropriate behavior around an animal. I know that they were probably so busy watching her be cute and playing with the dog, and not wanting to tell her know and thats PROBABLY why it happened.

Hell the scratch from the first dog isn't even gone Yet and now she has another one on her cheek from this dog? I'm going to have to be a bitch about this now, and if there is a dog that I don't know I'm not letting anybody bring her around I dont' know what else to do, maybe I'm just pissed but I feel that these people are being VERY irresponsible with my daughter and I Have to look at a fucking bite mark, on her face because someone else didn't want to enforce rules.... idk when I'm gonna get over this one.

by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2013 at 3:24 PM

hugs

I wouldn't be very happy about it either.

Belovedmoonpixi
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Ýou are right to be mad (and I´m a dog lover!)

ghostcat90
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Yeah...not cool.  I mean...elderly pet + baby = catastrophe waiting to happen.  Add in idiot guardians of both and oy!  Poor baby!  I hope she feels better.  Is it posslbe to keep her away from the idiots for a while?

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 5, 2013 at 11:20 AM

hugs poor kiddo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN