Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

just want a happy little family

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 12:07 AM
  • 24 Replies
nToday was difficult when me and my baby girl went a couple places to go shopping. I saw so many families together and it really hurt i dont have a family unit. I told her father for the last month that his daughter needs many things. He supposedly has bought all this stuff but its no where in sight. Yea right. Its just so hurtful my daughter has a father who clearly doesn't give two cents about her but acts like he takes care of her and that i keep her from him. He hasn't seen her in god knows how long. Probably only seen her a handful of times since she's been born. Sometimes I'm ok, but like tonight, I'm so angry i want him to die, but I'm so hurt and disappointed to. Its hard to fathom how soneone can abandon their child but have the nerve to act like the 90 in child support is so much and doesnt even come see her. Its so hard with everything on me, but she is the one who will suffer. Just not fair my sweet little angel deserves so much more i just want to cry.
by on May. 4, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monstersmom0204
by on May. 4, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I know how you feel. My husband dumped my son and I off with nothing more than could fit in his explorer. It seems hard, but you can do it. Always put your little girl first and do everything you can to do better for the two of you. Once you are happy with your life, you will find someone to supplement it. Keep your head up...that little girl needs a tough mommy. 

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on May. 4, 2013 at 12:17 AM

hugs

MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on May. 4, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Just know its his loss. All the time he misses is time he cant get back. If he chooses to be absent give someone else the opportunity yo be there. you wont always be single. One day you will have your family. Keep your head up. Things will happen in its own time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mz23
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Quoting monstersmom0204:

I know how you feel. My husband dumped my son and I off with nothing more than could fit in his explorer. It seems hard, but you can do it. Always put your little girl first and do everything you can to do better for the two of you. Once you are happy with your life, you will find someone to supplement it. Keep your head up...that little girl needs a tough mommy. 

Awe thanks you made me feel better. I'm in school trying to become a nurse.i im taking a tough now and i think its harder because having a baby makes things more difficult (studying) but i swear my daughter is pushing me. That's why I'm gonna stay up tonight to stufy on a friday night to do well on this test so i can do well in this class see so i can get into the nursing program, so i can be nurse so i can take care of her the way she deserves.

And your right, I will focus on her and I'm sure things will work out. I just gotta keep my faith in God, i know he won't abandon me.

Its just can be hard seeing everyone else looking like they have what i want. A complete family, but I'm so happy to have my dd. If i wouldn't trade for for the world.
mz23
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Quoting MIMIBRIE:

Just know its his loss. All the time he misses is time he cant get back. If he chooses to be absent give someone else the opportunity yo be there. you wont always be single. One day you will have your family. Keep your head up. Things will happen in its own time.

Thanks your very right. It truly is his loss, one day things will be better in the meantime I'll look at the positive. My world is my baby girl. Besides, guys mess things up who needs them 8p
EachNewBreath
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Oh so dang sorry! I know how you feel. ALl of my sisters save one is married, everyone I know seems to have a happy lil family. 

My Xhusband left us,.. for a druggie with three kids (doesnt even have custody of them all) and they are having his second and her 4th in a month or two. He says over and over that he does not want anything to do with my (our) son. While I would not want it anyway (he is crazy) I do feel deeply bad for my son, and how he doesnt have a father, or I a husband. 

I wish I had some words on how to make it better,... but I dont. Try not to let all of the anger and pain consume you

GAVINNMOMMY209
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:49 AM

I am sorry to hear this.  I went through and am going through the same thing.  Same exact thing.  I also have his family on my back swearing up and down that I am the one in the wrong.  I usually speak what is on my mind, but I learned that it is not even worth it.  There is so much hurt and anger for the future and from the present, BUT I will tell you one thing.  It will all fade in time.  When you are in the eye of the storm it is normal to feel these mixed emotions.  You just got to stick it through and hope for the best.  We cannot control a lot of things, but we can try to control our emotions.  Good luck! You are gonna be ok *hugs* 

teamwilson
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Hugs to you Mom. Our feelings and situations are very similar. What gets me is when I take my girls to the park and there are dads playing with the kids and families. There are alot of dads here that take care of the kids will wife works and they do a great job. I just wish my girls had a father in their lives for things like that. So I just do my best to be super mom even when I've worked 12 hours I make time for them to snuggle or have play dates and just be kids. You're doing an awesome job and I know you'll have your hearts desires.
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Yes. Me too. We know so many families w supportive, involved fathers that it makes it seem even worse. Shoot even the divorced couples around us seem to be managing better in terms of financial support and involvement w their kids.

It makes me just want to cry - this is part of the reason that I stayed in an unhappy marriage for so long..to avoid this.
jjmama12
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM

She and you both deserve more and you will receive it, promise! Just keep doing what you have to do to be the best mommy she could have, pray, find peace with her father. And do things to make the little family you already have complete. I am a single mother with two very little ones. And my family is complete because God is the head of it. I know what you mean, their father left to take care of a woman and her four kids. none of which are his all over 9years old. But that is his choice. It is your choice to do everything you can for that little angel of yours or to let her father play such a huge negative impact on her life. Make her life so complete and happy that when your husband finally comes....she wouldnt have missed a beat. Praying for you love!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)