Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Who deals with the state for CS?

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 5 Replies

My "bf" just started paying CS through the state, he was paying on his own before but his bm thought he was lying about how much he made so she tok him to court. It turned out it was a $20 difference just because of a little OT here and there. The CS was suppose to come out of his check on the 25th. Yesterday he says he got a call from the state that he was behind and didn't pay. They didn't take it out of the 25th for some reason and now he was penilized for it. That then made him short on rent again. So I'm pissed. None of this makes any sense because I know tons of BD that are way behind on CS. They call every deadbeat dad to remind them to pay. My friend has a BD that is thousands of dollars behind, he doesn't get phone calls, at least that she knows of. The state also wouldn't really know he didn't just continue to direct deposit his CS unless his BM called them to bitch. She's also on Government Everything, so now she won't see even like half of what she was seeing before because the state will take it to pay themsleves back. My friend said her bd would say sometimes they would take out his CS from his check each pay period, sometimes they wouldn't and then take double from the next check leaving him with nothing. IDK anything about doing CS through the state, my BD direct deposits his CS right into my account every week, with no problems. I know I'm lucky. But I need help if my "bf" is lying again or the state would actually do that?

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Until it becomes a routine withdrawl, it is hit and miss. My ex has 1/2 taken off of each check and then I get it the next month. So he is always a month behind
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 2:16 PM

He needs to contact his employer to make sure they have done what they are supposed to.  It's possible they haven't even received the paperwork from the state.  I work in accounting and do wage garnishments like this.  The state is always very slow then fucks it up.

jjmama12
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:27 PM

SO you think your "bf" is lying?

grneyedormom
by Kendra on May. 4, 2013 at 2:36 PM
My ex-h has not had any issues with a child support garnishment being established and then not being taken out on a regular schedule. Each month like clockwork, garnished then sent to the payment processing unit and deposited into my account. Even when unemployed, I still received the support without issues. I'd have your bf call child support and talk to his employer.

The bigger issue is that you think your bf may be lying to you again!
Tsmommy106
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM

He's had a lot of excuses why he can't pay his full rent or rent at all lately. It's just another excuse on his list. He always blames someone else. The whole elabrate story just isn't beleivable to me. They have soo many BD paying child support, behind on child support. THey're gonna call him after being a week late on one payment. It doesn't make sense. The state is never that on top of anything, at least from my experience with other issues. I can't even get my damn birth date changed on my medical card, it's been 7 years. Doesn't make sense

Quoting jjmama12:

SO you think your "bf" is lying?

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN