Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much do you pay a sitter?

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 4:18 PM
  • 17 Replies

If you want to go out on a date or out with friends, what is the going rate for a sitter on a Saturday night?

by on May. 4, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maddiemommy2009
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:06 PM
I've never paid a sitter but I am one and I have one particular family I work for on some Saturdays when the go out and I charge 15 an hr which I assume is good cause all the other sitters i talk to say they charge 18 -20 an hr .
rocky_mtn_mama
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Wow, that seems really high.  But then again, I haven't paid a sitter in years and when I was a teen the going rate was $1/hour/child.

Quoting maddiemommy2009:

I've never paid a sitter but I am one and I have one particular family I work for on some Saturdays when the go out and I charge 15 an hr which I assume is good cause all the other sitters i talk to say they charge 18 -20 an hr .

maddiemommy2009
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Omg really who works for one dollar an hr now lol the lowest rate now is 10 an hr .
lightoftheworld
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Try to find a responsible teenager, they will charge less than a college kid. I pay $10/hour.
mrsary
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Here its $30 per kid for 12 hrs so I have to pay $90. I rarely do anything because of babysitting fees.
maddiemommy2009
by on May. 4, 2013 at 6:29 PM
$30 s child for 12 hrs on a weekend that's really good and where do you live ?
mrsary
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Idk about weekends. I only use it for weekdays when I work overnight. Its a flat rate on Fort Hood Army post. Outside the gates the prices maybe different. Everyone who has home child care on post work for the same company.

Quoting maddiemommy2009:

JCSmommy2
by on May. 4, 2013 at 6:42 PM
My family friend watches my son I pay her 100$ a week.
rocky_mtn_mama
by on May. 4, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Oh, I know... I was just saying that's what it was when I was a teen (back in the dinosaur age, lol)

Quoting maddiemommy2009:

Omg really who works for one dollar an hr now lol the lowest rate now is 10 an hr .

maddiemommy2009
by on May. 4, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Here in new york I pay 25 a day for my child in daycare but at home care is way more .

Quoting mrsary:

Idk about weekends. I only use it for weekdays when I work overnight. Its a flat rate on Fort Hood Army post. Outside the gates the prices maybe different. Everyone who has home child care on post work for the same company.

Quoting maddiemommy2009:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)