Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to get ready for possible custody court battle

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:14 PM
  • 8 Replies
Father is not on birth certificate left him during pregnancy for dealing allowed him to see my child a hand full of times found out he did not change at all. He asked to hav her alone, i said no to alone visits threatened to take me to court i left it at that. I dont think he really will but i want to know what to prepare for. And could he possible take her from me before court is over or do i have her til everything is said and done.
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Michelleg-31
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
He will not be able to take her away from you. You are considered her sole parent as of now. He would have to prove you are an unfit mother, along with tons of evidence. Since he hasn't been there from the get go he has little to take you to court. He is just being the typical guy and making threats to scare you and get his way. If you don't feel comfortable leaving him alone with yall daughter then so be it. You have every right to say no, you know your daughter and the situation. And if push comes to shove if he does take you to court you coukd just end up taking his rights away. Oh and if he does take you to court you would hsve your daughter the whole time until the judge makes a verdict. (Im speaking from my state's laws, TEXAS.)
cands218
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Do you know anything about pa laws???
Toshi92
by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Hey cands218 go to a legal services in your county and ask them so you can be guided for your state. They help a lot-try your local child support custody place where you would file and you could talk to a lawyer for free sometimes. That way you get solid legal advice as well as cafe moms support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM

sounds like all threats. document everything keep track of missed visits texts etc.

Robsessed98
by on May. 5, 2013 at 4:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Odds are definitely in your favor if he files. Just in case, document everything and collect all the dirt against him you can. Give him no ammo to use against him - be squeaky clean, be careful what kind of people you run with and who's around the child, don't deny him visits with the child but do make them supervised. Just be a good mom and you have nothing to worry about.
cands218
by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Thank you so much guys i hav been so confused on wat to do and now i feel like i hav a good path to start with..... Love cafe moms
Monsita
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Educate yourself in everything related to CO-PARENTING.....

Laws on sharing custody of the child.

Laws to protect your child for the next 18 years of his life THOUGH CHILD SUPPORT!

mnivis01
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 5:43 PM
My sons father said that also. Except that he's on the birth certificate. He never took me to court. I finally went because I wanted the threats and drama to stop.

He didn't even show up for the court date. So the judge ruled in my favor. They still gave him visits though. But they had to be supervised. That was over a month ago, and he has never set up a visit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)