Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I'm really desperate.

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:27 AM
  • 11 Replies
Ok so at this point I am really desperate. I have been looking for a job for over a year and have not secured one yet. I have a 2 yr old son. Who I take care by myself and now his father is trying to take him. If I can not prove that I have a source of income, it will be even more of a reason for him to say I am not capable of taken care of my son. I can cook, clean, do hair. I have experience in childcare, house keeping, waitressing, office assistant. I have many trades and have a lot to offer. I just really need a job. Any help is appreciated.
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JaSeaKnight3
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:30 AM
What state are you in? Bc w all the experience i would think you could land some thing. In co their hiring all over.
HisMom2010
by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:05 AM

greenville, nc

Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Have you tried temp agencies? Job fairs? How many resumes are you sending out daily? Every time you pass a help wanted sign fill out an application and turn it in. I know it can be really discouraging- I had to go back to work after 12 years as a sahm w little experience. People were hesitant to hire me because i had no recent references they could call. So i know it can get depressing. But you really have to believe for now that finding a job is your job- which means you should actively be setting aside at least a few hours a day toward your search.

I also read a recent study that claimed the longer you are out of work, the harder it is to get hired. So consider taking anything you can find even of it is not in the right field, enough money or hours. Just try to get your foot in the door. Oh and one more thing, don't forget to ask around and share your situation- you never know who may know someone who is looking. At the company I work for they would much rather hire someone who is referred by a current employee.

Good luck and keep us updated - ii'll be praying for you!
LuvLiddy
by New Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM
This doesn't pay a lot I know, but right now water and amusement parks are hiring everywhere if you have either of those close by.
tottaxi
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

A temp agency is a good idea.  Consider going to an employment agency, too.  They often represent employers who will pay the fee.  Hospitals and hotels could have many jobs that suit the skills you have listed.  Housekeeping agencies or in-home health care jobs would be good, too.  If nothing else, become an in-home daycare provider!!!  And advertising agencies (telemarketing) are always needing help and you don't have to have any experience...just a pleasant voice.

You may have to work more than one job (I do) to make ends meet, but it is do-able! 

Where have you applied?  Are you putting any time restrictions on your application?  Shift workers are hard to find, so applying for those night time jobs might be a good way to go.

Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:27 AM
You can also search for job listings on

Indeed.com

And

Simplyhired.com
HisMom2010
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM

im on indeed daily. i am willing to take any job. i am with temp agencys in greenville

HisMom2010
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I never thought that trying to find a job would be this hard. I got more interviews back when I wasnt trying. Im starting to get discouraged. I need a job bad. If I could get paid for all the applications and resume sendings I wouldnt need a job
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Still praying for you and your little one. Hugs to you Mama- I know you are struggling and scared right now, but keep your head up high and your beautiful smile on and keep trying-something will come your way soon, and when it does I hope you share.
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Still praying for you and your little one. Hugs to you Mama- I know you are struggling and scared right now, but keep your head up high and your beautiful smile on and keep trying-something will come your way soon, and when it does I hope you share.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN