Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good news!

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

Good news!

1. I have now been working 2 weeks at a new job.  I like the work and the environment.  I also am getting paid more each week than I was making before I was fired from my previous job (long story).

2.    I have daycare figured out for DD.  She has been going for 1 week now.  I think she likes it okay, and that is where her brother and sister will go when both their mom and step dad are working (their schedules are unique - step dad is a fireman and part time at an ambulance service and their mom started a job working thurs, fri, sat, sun, and mondays).  Plus daycare is substantially cheaper!  It is only $75 a week!  I was paying $115 a week before.

3.    My ex signed a quitclaim deed and forfeited all interest in the house (that I had stupidly put his name on when we were together - he has been living in since we split...etc - I have posted a little about this)!  May 15th he is to be completely out of the house!  It is all mine!  So, I can finally sell it without all of his drama and difficulty - not to mention I wont have to share any proceeds from the sale.  I am really excited to get the process going.

4.    DD went to the party for her father, but only after he actually contacted me.  He would not work with me to figure out a way for DD to go (ie. would not unblock my number - per parenting time guidelines I have to be able to reach him in the case of an emergency or if I wish to speak with DD while she is with him).  However, his youngest sister contacted me and agreed to be responible for DD.  She picked DD up and dropped her back off to me after the party.  DD had fun and got to have pictures taken with her Dad, brother and sister.  My ex's youngest sister is the easiest one to get along with and the most trust worthy.  I feel like not only did it work out great for DD, but I also made headway with the sister so that maybe DD will get to see her cousins and such even after her dad moves to North Carolina.

On a strange note, my ex's fiance text me offering to send me copies of some of the pictures that were taken.  I understand this is a good gesture and all that...and I am playing nice, but I don't trust her AT ALL...I am all of giving people the benefit of the doubt, but this just doesn't make sense on any level....it is really wierd.  

But overall, as you can see, I am feeling VERY positive.  DD has not asked about seeing her dad really - which is good too.  Of course we will have to wait and see how it all goes once he has moved out of state and isn't seeing her anymore.  It still makes me very sad that she wont get to see him and he is making these choices, but I will just do what I can for my DD.

by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Congrats!

Robsessed98
by on May. 5, 2013 at 4:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Glad things are working out. It's always nice hearing success stories.
steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Everything looks positive.  Good to hear!

MommyAJ2921
by on May. 6, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Good for you!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Love it!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deltathree
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:08 AM

good

easinpc
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)