Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Finally told him I'm leaving

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:50 PM
  • 6 Replies

The guy I was with has put me through so much BS. Hasn't paid rent for 2 months and this month was short on rent. He always has an excuse. We were together for over 4 years and I've never been allowed to see his kids, supposedly b/c of the BM. He's done nothing to really change that either.

Today was beyond the last straw. I got a hotel room for me and my son as a specail treat. The hotel has a pool, my friend works here so I got a good discount. He said he'd bring his kids to swim too and then they'd go home to their mom and he'd go home to take care of the dog. I don't feel he should stay at the hotel with my son, he's not his dad. Well the kids were at his moms, he went over there this monring. Then was telling me even though the BM said fine he could take the kids around me, he was afraid she would change her mind and do something stupid. He couldn't risk it b/c the oldest isn't bio his, he just took over as daddy from day 1 (long story). We went back and forth for over an hour through texts. I just got fed up and went to his moms. He then went off on me, screaming at me and shit. His kids were then crying, which was all my fault even though I never raised my voice or did anything. He is the one that upset them. He came home right before I left with my son for the hotel. Then his story was He just wanted some alone time with his kids before he brought them to the hotel to play in the pool with us. OK that I would have understand IF he would have just said it. But he also still blames the BM b/c she could change her mom. I'm sure his BM is laughing her ass off b/c she even said yes and he sabotage things AGAIN. I'm just so fed up with him.

My son is 7 and knows we maybe moving. When I was at my bf moms I told him he could get his shit out by tomororw. He says no. He says he'll prove it to me. He says he's been proving it, even though I say hell no he hasn't been. All he's proven is how much of an ass he is, and how stupid he is.

Well I have offically told him that when the lease is up I'm moving out. He still doesn't believe it. But I'm done playing games. I need to do what's best for me and my son. He is definitely not it.

Now I'm terrified of being alone forever. All I ever wanted was a family for me and my son. My son deserves a family. He told me lots of stories and I thought he could give it to us, but obviously not. Now time to move on.

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 5, 2013 at 9:08 PM
You shouldn't settle just because you are afraid of being alone good luck do what's best for you and your son
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Too much drama...moving on is best.
Tsmommy106
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I know that deep down it's what I need to do. He's been texting me the resst of the night saying he'll prove it to me he can be the man I need. In 4 years he hasn;t been anything but manipulative and selfish. I need out!!!!

shelady99
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Ive been through this...RUN!

Quoting Tsmommy106:

I know that deep down it's what I need to do. He's been texting me the resst of the night saying he'll prove it to me he can be the man I need. In 4 years he hasn;t been anything but manipulative and selfish. I need out!!!!

daisykat
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Do NOT be afraid of being alone. I've been with my husband for 18 years and am fed up, and may be a single mom before too long. I look FORWARD to being alone. Your son has a family- you. Involve as many positive male role models in his life as possible (his bio dad, your dad, if you have a brother, whoever is appropriate) and surround him with friends and family. He'll be fine. I have a very good friend who will be turning 86 this month. There's an 87-year-old man who takes her out to dinner and has told her he wants to marry her because he loves her so much, has always thought of her over the years. She has said no, she enjoys being alone but she likes lobster so she's going to date him every now and then for a good dinner out. hahaha The point is, no matter how old you are, if you want to find someone, you will.

And yeah, get out of there. He sounds immature. Tell him to call you in 10 years after he's become a man.
steviechick
by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I just divorced my ex and was married to him for 26 yrs.  Miserable more than happy for those 26 yrs.  You will find soon enough it's much better to be alone than be miserable.  My ex has a new wife and two more mouths to feed.   He was a deadbeat with me for many years.  He's one messed up fool.  Sometimes you just can't change someone when they are literally lost souls.  Continue to be that good mommy to your son.  Focus on that and what a good life you have ahead of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN