Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Am I overreacting?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:14 AM
  • 11 Replies
So my son (who is 4) spends sunday nights at his dads house. We all live within blocks of each other (myself, his dad, and my mom). Today I was driving to work and saw my sons dad walking across the street without DS so I turned the car around to ask him where he was. he says he's inside watching tv...by himself mind you..I told him, "you can't leave him by himself!" Anyway, this is the 2nd time he's been caught (who knows how many times he's really done it) doing this the previous time was by my mom who saw him walking without DS and told me. When I asked him about that time he said the same thing. "he was inside watching tv". I've talked to him about it before but clearly he doesn't seem to care. His dad goes across the street to the convenience store to get a cup of coffee in the morning....like that can't wait? or take DS with you.. I don't understand how irresponsible can you be?? I explained to him that anything can happen in a split second and that it is illegal to leave a 4 year old home alone. Am I overreacting? What would you do?
by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Two_Hearts
by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:17 AM

You are not over reacting at all. 

As for what i would do , i think it would all depend on the court documents and what they say...before i made a decision.

aidensmom0407
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Quoting Two_Hearts:

You are not over reacting at all. 

As for what i would do , i think it would all depend on the court documents and what they say...before i made a decision.

aidensmom0407
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:29 AM

we dont have any court documents.....yet.  I'll probably have to pursue some kind of court order.  I thought I could trust him to be a responsible parent.  He's a good dad - except for the whole not having common sense thing.

SnapIt
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Noooooooo
Not over reacting at all!!!

Two_Hearts
by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting aidensmom0407:

we dont have any court documents.....yet.  I'll probably have to pursue some kind of court order.  I thought I could trust him to be a responsible parent.  He's a good dad - except for the whole not having common sense thing.

There is no court order?!?!? ....get one! Start the process up..make sure that you put in there that he needs to be responsible for his son and parent him properly according to your son's age. 

If there is no court order , i would stop sending him over there and have him come to your house to see his son...he isn't being safe at all.

Robsessed98
by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM
No, you're right. Document it and bring it up when you go to court.
Kimberly_Adam
by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Uhhh NO! I would be pissed! That is absolutely NOT acceptable!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 6, 2013 at 10:37 PM
No not over reacting keep track of everything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I don't feel you are over reacting at all!

KPBMom
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

either get a court order or buy him a Keurig!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)