Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Buying a house!

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:44 AM
  • 14 Replies

I'm so excited, in 11 more days I'll be closing on the purchase of my first home post-divorce.  

There is still so much to do though! I need to call the cable company, get internet set up, call the power company and get that & water transferred to my name.  Get an estimate from moving companies on getting my furniture moved over, etc.  I guess I need to make a list.

Anything else I need to add to the list?

by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Pack, then unpack and enjoy :)
steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Congrats! 

Do you need gas connected or does all of your utilities run on electric?  Trash pick-up and sanitation - need to check on that, too.   Check with your county's voter registration.  Make sure you are registered to vote in the county in which you live.  Also, check with DMV.  Make sure you still live in the same county for tags.  If not do an address change.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Gas comes through the power company so I don't need to worry about that.  Trash is covered by the HOA.  Thanks for the reminder on voter registration and change of address, etc.  I'll definitely add those to my list.

Quoting steviechick:

Congrats! 

Do you need gas connected or does all of your utilities run on electric?  Trash pick-up and sanitation - need to check on that, too.   Check with your county's voter registration.  Make sure you are registered to vote in the county in which you live.  Also, check with DMV.  Make sure you still live in the same county for tags.  If not do an address change.

mamaofficer
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Congrats to your new life, and new home.

KPBMom
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Change of address form for the mail.  You can do it online.

don't forget about heat - does the new house have oil?  Research oil companies - you'll get a bunch of deals from local companies.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:53 PM

No oil, I don't know of anyone who has oil out here in Colorado.

Quoting KPBMom:

Change of address form for the mail.  You can do it online.

don't forget about heat - does the new house have oil?  Research oil companies - you'll get a bunch of deals from local companies.

ghostcat90
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:29 PM

yay! Notify the post office and all the people you want to receive mail from! Congrats!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Congrats!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Congrats!!

lovemybabes3
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:46 AM

congrats!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)