Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I'm so excited, in 11 more days I'll be closing on the purchase of my first home post-divorce.  

There is still so much to do though! I need to call the cable company, get internet set up, call the power company and get that & water transferred to my name.  Get an estimate from moving companies on getting my furniture moved over, etc.  I guess I need to make a list.

Anything else I need to add to the list?

by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Replies (11-14):
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Congrats!!! i am also closing on a house hopefully on 5/28. Its a new build. I need to still arrange movers, buy a washer and dryer a few days before. Arrange my Directv to be transferred and internet. It sucks for me because this could be delayed, and if they cannot close on 5/28 I am screwed as my lease is up 5/31. I hope to have water turned on, electric, ugh it is sooo stressful. Did you go FHA? I diod only because of the 3.5% down that way i have some money to pay for washer/dryer, window coverings, and the back yard and I dont have to finance any of that. I am locked in at 3.25% but I have to pay all the stupid FHA fees and of course the lovely PMI.

Lots of luck to you!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Yay, congrats to you too!

I did go FHA and am locked in at 3.5 so just a bit higher than you.  

I talked to the guy I'm probably going to have paint the interior for me this morning.  Every day it's just a little more real. :)

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

Congrats!!! i am also closing on a house hopefully on 5/28. Its a new build. I need to still arrange movers, buy a washer and dryer a few days before. Arrange my Directv to be transferred and internet. It sucks for me because this could be delayed, and if they cannot close on 5/28 I am screwed as my lease is up 5/31. I hope to have water turned on, electric, ugh it is sooo stressful. Did you go FHA? I diod only because of the 3.5% down that way i have some money to pay for washer/dryer, window coverings, and the back yard and I dont have to finance any of that. I am locked in at 3.25% but I have to pay all the stupid FHA fees and of course the lovely PMI.

Lots of luck to you!

Blessed_Mommy87
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Congrats!!! I know that a big accomplishment and milestone in your life espceially being a single mom:)

jdrabbit01
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Congratulations.  I bought my house three years ago and I LOVE owning my own home.  Sounds like you have everything under control.  Add a bottle of wine to that list so you can sit back after all of the activity and enjoy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN