Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

maybe someone can help me

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 23 Replies

some of you know that my son will be grad may 16th. then his 18th birthday is 2 days after his graduation. i want to give him a 18th/graduation party together, im just going to get one big cake. on one half it will say happy 18th birthday and on the other half it will say happy graduation. i want to get balloons and decorations. he said he wants camo as the decorations. but i want to get hamburgers and hot dogs and have a cook out. i was just wondering. do you think it will cost alot. i cant go over. so i need help. has anybody done this before and if so how did you keep it under your budget? thank you.

by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shelady99
by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:52 AM
It depends on how many people you are having over. I'd say it should cost you no more than 200.
baseballmom5416
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:58 AM

just family and some of his close friends

Quoting shelady99:

It depends on how many people you are having over. I'd say it should cost you no more than 200.

newmama008
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I always go to the dollar tree for plates, napkins, decorations. You will save a ton. The most expensive part will be food, for a big party I just buy those frozen burgers. Hot dogs are cheap and its easy to do chips and a side, always look for sales for stuff like that and for pop. Watch the ads lots of things like that go on sale this time of year and Walmart price matches so if you take an ad to walmart you can get all your shopping done in one place. Walmart has good cakes too for decent prices, or you can make your own!

hotrockermama
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Camo Birthday Party Ideas - probably best to ignore the section about games, as i'd imagine teens not being all that interested, except maybe capture the flag, but if its nice enough to bbq, i'd say just get the pig skin out and let them toss it around.

if you have a fire pit, i'd say definitely get a fire going and let the kids hang out there while they eat or something... back when i was in high school, my friend had a burn pit and we always used to hang out around the fire.

Party City Military (woodland) Camo Collection

Birthday Direct Military (woodland) Camo Collection

The Camo Shop Civilian Hunting Camo Collection

i'd say the most budget friendly way to go is try your hand at making some things from scratch.

like in this pic, thy just used a brown table cloth (available at any dollar store) and depending on the area you live, fern leaves and pine cones can be found outside. if you are going with the hunter, go out and find some leaves and twigs to help match the camo. just remember, brown and green (varying shades). if you live near a military base, go to a surpluss store for authentic military gear. if you are crafty, you can turn some old uniforms into decorations.

hope that helps :)

baseballmom5416
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Quoting hotrockermama:

Camo Birthday Party Ideas - probably best to ignore the section about games, as i'd imagine teens not being all that interested, except maybe capture the flag, but if its nice enough to bbq, i'd say just get the pig skin out and let them toss it around.

if you have a fire pit, i'd say definitely get a fire going and let the kids hang out there while they eat or something... back when i was in high school, my friend had a burn pit and we always used to hang out around the fire.

Party City Military (woodland) Camo Collection

Birthday Direct Military (woodland) Camo Collection

The Camo Shop Civilian Hunting Camo Collection

i'd say the most budget friendly way to go is try your hand at making some things from scratch.

like in this pic, thy just used a brown table cloth (available at any dollar store) and depending on the area you live, fern leaves and pine cones can be found outside. if you are going with the hunter, go out and find some leaves and twigs to help match the camo. just remember, brown and green (varying shades). if you live near a military base, go to a surpluss store for authentic military gear. if you are crafty, you can turn some old uniforms into decorations.

hope that helps :)

dang!!!! he would love that expect for the leafs..lol.. i will have to go soon and get this stuff. hopefully i can find the camo plates,napkins and cups.thank you.

arkmomma06
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 12:50 PM
I will soon have a 18 year old too, and if he was graduating this year(he can go until he is 21), he would be graduating on his birthday.

When will time slow down??

I also have a 13 yr old girl.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Depends on the sides, and if you are asking family members to help provide food, etc.  I think it sounds like fun and he'll have a great time.

PS - My son's birthday is also the 18th, only he'll be 25 this year!

baseballmom5416
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:18 PM

i dont think time is going to slow down. this will be his last birthday party. 

Quoting arkmomma06:

I will soon have a 18 year old too, and if he was graduating this year(he can go until he is 21), he would be graduating on his birthday.

When will time slow down??

I also have a 13 yr old girl.

Robsessed98
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Just don't go overboard on the decorations or invitations. Set your budget first and stick to it. There's no need to make it a real elaborate party. Just be sensible and it will be great.
baseballmom5416
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:33 PM

im not buying invitations. just going to call everybody..and my son will let his close friends know. so that will save me money on that part.

Quoting Robsessed98:

Just don't go overboard on the decorations or invitations. Set your budget first and stick to it. There's no need to make it a real elaborate party. Just be sensible and it will be great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)