Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advantages of being a single mom.....

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:56 AM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Do you enjoy the freedom being a single parent allows?

Options:

Yes

No

Sometimes

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 44

View Results

I love my roll in life right now. I read about a lot about married couples who fight about their kids and who gets to do/say what. Who wears the pants in the family or even just about everyday house work/shopping or school. Don't get me wrong I want to get married one day and settle down. But it just seems like a lot to put up with sometimes. If the dishes aren't washed or the cloths not cleaned etc.... It's my fault no one else need be blamed/harassed into keeping up with the chores. If there's a problem at school or a sport they want to play I adjust my schedule to do it. Don't get me wrong I do wish I could sleep in or have some alone time without someone bothering/asking/wanting something. But from what I've seen/read/experienced marriage can be a real hassle. Maybe I'm wrong or jaded.... But God will need to provide me with a mate because at this point the phrase "why bother" comes to mind. In case your wondering my kids are with me 365 with very few exceptions.

by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM
2 moms liked this

I love that I don't have to consult with someone else

la_mona
by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM

That is the best part

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I love not having to fight with my ex about him helping around the house.  I mean, I always had to do it all anyway, only now I avoid the fight and just do it.  I also do when when I feel like it.  Nobody complains if I didnt do the dishes or the laundry piles up.  

la_mona
by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Quoting Stephd710:

I love not having to fight with my ex about him helping around the house.  I mean, I always had to do it all anyway, only now I avoid the fight and just do it.  I also do when when I feel like it.  Nobody complains if I didnt do the dishes or the laundry piles up.  

Exactly.... As long as they have clean cloths to wear its all good.

Robsessed98
by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:55 PM
12 moms liked this
Both sides have pros and cons. Overall being single beats the hell out of being married to the wrong man.
steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Robsessed98:

Both sides have pros and cons. Overall being single beats the hell out of being married to the wrong man.

And, from someone who has lived both sides of the coin I can certainly agree with this! 

kitty8199
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Love making all the choices, hate not having help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_mona
by on May. 8, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting steviechick:

I flipped that coin too...... It didn't go well. But one day I aspire to meet someone who blows me away. Until then I'm enjoying this single parent no one questions my decisions(that I have to listen too anyway) uncomplicated life I have now.
JadesMamma
by on May. 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Its so exhausting taking care one other person. Imagine having to consider ANOTHER persons needs...cooking, cleaning, sex!  I do want to be married and settle down but its easier not having TWO ppl (in my case) to consider.  On the other hand companionship and support would be nice.  I guess having a sound marriage/relationship is key.

krisnkids
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 4:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Some days I am fine with it other days I get really tired of always being the adult, the disciplinarian, the "rock", the maid, the chauffeur, etc. Every now and then I do wish I had a man to hold me and tell me everything is going to be all right. But until God drops him in my lap I guess I will just have to wait.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)