Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's getting remarried and I'm really thrilled for him!

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM
  • 18 Replies

My oldest son's dad, that is.  

He and I were never married, but after we split up he did marry the witchiest woman I've ever known and had 4 children with her (the oldest passed away at 1 year old due to her negligence).  They divorced about a year and a half ago.  

Last summer he met a new woman and they decided to get married this coming November.  I'm thrilled for him.  This woman seems so much more suited to him, makes him happier than I've seen him since the two of us were dating and all of the kids seem to like her too (and hers like him).

Could you be happy that your ex was getting married?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM

My happiness come from knowing that he was her problem now. Unfortunately that did not last, when the shit hits the fan and he needs help I am still the first one he calls.

soulofsunmama
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:54 AM
2 moms liked this
It's quite refreshing to see a post about genuine happiness for an ex. That you are mature enough to set aside history and enjoy someone else's evolution without bitterness. To appreciate that even all the children are in a good place.
Go you!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skyelyns_mommie
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
This is how I feel. My ex got married a few months ago and I'm happy for him because now he is her problem to deal with. The cheating and abuse is her issue now AMD thanks to the restraining order my ex cant come near me or my daughter!! So no drama for me

Quoting krisnkids:

My happiness come from knowing that he was her problem now. Unfortunately that did not last, when the shit hits the fan and he needs help I am still the first one he calls.

emilysmom8
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Me and my ex and actually still good friends, so I would be extreemly happy for him if her go married (in fact I will most likely be at the wedding, if he gets married to the girl he's dating now, because me and her actually became good friends also)
steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Not in my case. My ex cheated on me and married (by proxy) his tramp.  If....no when they divorce and if my ex remarries for a fourth time I would pray that his fourth wife divorce him ASAP. 

MommyAJ2921
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

Quoting soulofsunmama:

It's quite refreshing to see a post about genuine happiness for an ex. That you are mature enough to set aside history and enjoy someone else's evolution without bitterness. To appreciate that even all the children are in a good place.
Go you!!

MommyAJ2921
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Absolutely...

shelady99
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM
2 moms liked this
If he was a good father yes I would be happy for him...but Im going to be jealous when he haves kids by someone else and take care of the new kids and not MINE. Other than that I dont give two craps about his love life.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 8, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Eh I have no cares about my ex he's not around so i don't have to worry but if he was around then i would want a responsible woman in his life since he isn't

Robsessed98
by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd just feel sorry for her and suggest therapy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)