Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

He's getting remarried and I'm really thrilled for him!

My oldest son's dad, that is.  

He and I were never married, but after we split up he did marry the witchiest woman I've ever known and had 4 children with her (the oldest passed away at 1 year old due to her negligence).  They divorced about a year and a half ago.  

Last summer he met a new woman and they decided to get married this coming November.  I'm thrilled for him.  This woman seems so much more suited to him, makes him happier than I've seen him since the two of us were dating and all of the kids seem to like her too (and hers like him).

Could you be happy that your ex was getting married?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Replies (11-18):
Stephd710
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Sure if he marries someone other than this idiot he's with now. 

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on May. 8, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

LMAO. Nope. I probably wouldn't even be notified, which is fine by me! As long as he's not hurting my kid.

MommaLove23
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd be very happy for my ex if he found a good woman who also accepted/loved our son. My ex is a great man and he deserves that.
Monsita
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

you rock

drivenleonian
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:04 PM
I would be happy if my X husband started dating and married. His kids don't care to be around him and I fear that he will die alone.

Quoting soulofsunmama:

It's quite refreshing to see a post about genuine happiness for an ex. That you are mature enough to set aside history and enjoy someone else's evolution without bitterness. To appreciate that even all the children are in a good place.
Go you!!

soulofsunmama
by on May. 10, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Would you actually be happy for him,lol, its slightly hard to tell if you're being serious, sarcastic, or nonchalant.

As for most of these other posts...damn there's a lot of bitterness and resentment,ugh.

Quoting drivenleonian:

I would be happy if my X husband started dating and married. His kids don't care to be around him and I fear that he will die alone.

Quoting soulofsunmama:

It's quite refreshing to see a post about genuine happiness for an ex. That you are mature enough to set aside history and enjoy someone else's evolution without bitterness. To appreciate that even all the children are in a good place.
Go you!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Armygirl2299703
by on May. 10, 2013 at 4:09 AM

I could be happy for my dd's dad if he were to get married. But it will never happen. I can deal with A LOT of shit but I couldn't even deal with his shit so I don't see him ever getting married again. We weren't married, though he did buy me a ring...he put it on an already married womens finger though thinking that she was going to get a divorce and live happily ever after with her. Joke was on him, they didn't even offically break up and once her divorce was final and the ex had won custody of all the kids, she ran off with another of her bf's on the side and got married.  I of course was the one there to help him pick up his life, but only because he was being a father then, not just a sperm donor like now. So sure, if he was to get married I could probably be happy for him because then maybe she would take all his time and he would leave us the hell alone. I'm tired of him harassing our daughter to see him when she has made it extremely clear that she doesn't want him in hr life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

drivenleonian
by on May. 10, 2013 at 1:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I would truly be happy for him. I forgive him for what he's done to me. I don't want him to die alone.
I've found true love. I am not abused, cheated on or lied to.
Maybe my X can change and find someone to love too.

Quoting soulofsunmama:

Would you actually be happy for him,lol, its slightly hard to tell if you're being serious, sarcastic, or nonchalant.

As for most of these other posts...damn there's a lot of bitterness and resentment,ugh.

Quoting drivenleonian:

Quoting soulofsunmama:

Go you!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)