Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Will I ever want to date or fall in love again?

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:13 AM
  • 3 Replies

I filed for a n annulment last Sept. It is not final yet. But not with him for almost a year. We were only married a few months. He had lied to me about just about everything. He rushed me into marriage. He knew I had some health problems and no med. ins. He said we had to be married before the first of the new year or wait a year. He took me to see 30,000 dollars rings!! Kept telling me (and the jeweler) that he had a big sale coming through soon. He is a realtor in CA. and said he made 150,000-200,000 a year.  At the time I owned my own condo and car, both payed for. I am in my 50's.  I have a young son with no father involved and of course he was good to him, in the beginning.  Anyway, reality was he was an alcoholic, homeless con man. After he moved in even his car was gone. Now, how was I fooled? He used his last dime to reel me and my friends in. He was good looking, charming, dressed great and seemingly madly in love with me. He told me I would never have to work again and he would take care of my son and me. He took over my bills by putting extensions on everything. Ran up bills on my good credit. 

Present. Me. renting now and have a huge car payment as he sold everything, even my parrot that I loved. He was good at what he did. Before you tell me how stupid I was, let me tell you I was married to a very wealthy man before and had never encountered any person like him before. Believe me I would never have married a poor boy!!!

by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mammabear5150
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this
You fell in love. ..and love is blind!.SHAME ON HIM!..
I am sorry I am sure u feel destroyed and are emotionally exhausted! Give it time I am sure when YOU are ready. I would like think there r still good ppl out there!. Hug ur son and LOVE yourself!
ajohnson08099
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Yikes. Obviously we all know what it feels like to be fooled one way or another.

Keep your head up.. hopefully they clear as much of this messing up as possible.
rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Oh man!  You always hear about stuff like this happening, but when it really does it's such a shocker.  I'm so sorry that it happened to you.

I do think that you'll find someone else, in time.  Though trusting again will be a hard thing to do.  (((hug)))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)