Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm surprise at how well I'm handling this......

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
For the past 2 and almost half years I've been a fool in love . Until one day I woke up changed my number and email and any form of contact. And yes there are times it hurts I cry but I've learn to deal with the pain .

So instead of staying home and feeling sorry for myself or going to a bar with friends and drinking my sorrow away ( which never works cause drinking makes me more emotional) I decided to do stuff with my baby and you know what she became my best friend .

I've always done stuff with her before but I've never paid attention to how happy it makes her.

I took her to a farm with rides and stuff one day and she said mommy I'm so happy just the way she said it brought tears to my eyes its a feeling I can't explain all I know now is that every weekend I look forward to spending time with her . I join her in a ballet class which she loves and im looking for more stuff to do with her
So anyone with any suggestion would be appreciated .

Never waste ur happiness on a guy .
by on May. 10, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovingmommy1028
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

that is awesome mama that is great that you want to spend time with your daughter that is wonderful 

MommyAJ2921
by on May. 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Awesome!!! The zoo, movies, the museums...I've never seen my 2 year old look at something with sooo much awe in his eyes. I took him to the museum and there's a large mastodon in the lobby...he couldn't stop staring. And his voice...so hushed as he said to me.."mommy LOOK! its B I G..." lol..cutest thing EVER. Enjoy the time sweetie and remember its YOU who are enjoying those moments.

rocky_mtn_mama
by on May. 10, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

you rock

tottaxi
by on May. 10, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom and I used to go camping...started taking me camping and fishing when I was just 18 months old!!!  When I think back about my childhood...and my mom was a single mom...those camping trips were probably my favorite times.  No tv.  Cooking over a campfire.  Sleeping in a tent and making shadow puppets with a flashlight...good times :)

maddiemommy2009
by on May. 10, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Yes I've done all those already lol but the great thing about it I get free passes to the zoo and museum so I can take her anytime without having to spend a lot.
I took her to yhe natural history museum in nyc through out our trip shes like mommy wheres the big dinosaur u told me about . I have to keep saying bones hun dino bones but she loved it.

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Awesome!!! The zoo, movies, the museums...I've never seen my 2 year old look at something with sooo much awe in his eyes. I took him to the museum and there's a large mastodon in the lobby...he couldn't stop staring. And his voice...so hushed as he said to me.."mommy LOOK! its B I G..." lol..cutest thing EVER. Enjoy the time sweetie and remember its YOU who are enjoying those moments.

maddiemommy2009
by on May. 10, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Aww I took her camping last year omg she enjoyed it I'm taking her again this year.

Quoting tottaxi:

My mom and I used to go camping...started taking me camping and fishing when I was just 18 months old!!!  When I think back about my childhood...and my mom was a single mom...those camping trips were probably my favorite times.  No tv.  Cooking over a campfire.  Sleeping in a tent and making shadow puppets with a flashlight...good times :)

just4ds10ee
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Not sure if you have one in the mall in your city...but Build-a-Bear is great!!! which is just what it says you both pick out a bear, clothes, ribbons....my daughter loved it...not too terribly expensive either

maddiemommy2009
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM
You know I think I saw one in queens center mall I never thought of that thankss... since u brought that up there's also paint ur own pottery I think I'll do that with her for mothers day

Quoting just4ds10ee:

Not sure if you have one in the mall in your city...but Build-a-Bear is great!!! which is just what it says you both pick out a bear, clothes, ribbons....my daughter loved it...not too terribly expensive either

Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids loved when we would do craft projects or cook together. They also love hiking and nature walks where they can collect leaves or sticks. We also like movie night once a week w a big bowl of popcorn and movie candy. I also look in parenting magazines for free local kid friendly activities like story times and puppet shows or concert/movie in the park. Or AAA magazine always has a listing of local festivals, street fairs exhibits and ideas for day trips. We try to do fun on the cheap- I always find that it is the attention they really care about. Have fun w your lil one!
sweetsavannah10
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 10:48 PM

<3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)