Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How do you do it??

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:20 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm Savannah, first off. 

I have been with my husband,Ryan, since I was 16. I am now 24. We have a beautiful 3 year old daughter and I am expecting our 2nd in June. Ryan passed away about 3 months ago and I am a complete mess. I have no idea how to do it by myself. I can't remember my life without him. Do you ladies have any advice about doing it on my own? How do you do it? That is what I really need to know. 

by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
dawncs
by on May. 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Have you thought about joining a group in your local community called to Live Again? It is a support group for widows and widoers. Second, do not change your investments right away. Third, put into savings any money you get from life insurance. Fourth, read Money magazine to learn to invest instead of using financial advisors. Finally, seeing a grief counselor can help you a lot.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on May. 11, 2013 at 1:44 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Mostly I just do it. I know that doesn't make sense right now but it will. Plan accordingly. Finances, education things like that. It might seem overwhelming at first but it almost always calms down. Do you have an support from family/friends?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetsavannah10
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Thank you. And I am living with my parents right now again until I can get back on my feet. So I do have a lot of family support and I am extremely grateful because I'm not sure where I would be without them. 

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

Mostly I just do it. I know that doesn't make sense right now but it will. Plan accordingly. Finances, education things like that. It might seem overwhelming at first but it almost always calms down. Do you have an support from family/friends?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on May. 11, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Just take your time. Take advantage of their help. Maybe go back to school if you can.

Quoting sweetsavannah10:

Thank you. And I am living with my parents right now again until I can get back on my feet. So I do have a lot of family support and I am extremely grateful because I'm not sure where I would be without them. 

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on May. 11, 2013 at 1:54 AM
I am sorry for your loss : (
sweetsavannah10
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 1:57 AM

I will most likely take advantage of it when the baby gets here. And I have a college degree already but I just never had to do it on my own before and it's hard but I'm trying to make the best out of all of this.

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

Just take your time. Take advantage of their help. Maybe go back to school if you can.

Quoting sweetsavannah10:

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

sweetsavannah10
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 1:57 AM

thank you

Quoting diaperstodating:

I am sorry for your loss : (

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

camommy08
by on May. 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM

first welcome

second Im soo sorry for your loss

third. you take it one day at a time. make a budget. stay strong for your kids

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Welcome im so sorry for your loss. Its not easy take each day and get some counseling you cant do it all by yourself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN