Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Would you consider

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 23 Replies
Marrying a man within a year of meeting him? This is purely theoretical since I'm single but I'm curious
by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caramel85
by on May. 11, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Nope. I have to be friends with the guy for a long period of time first, then if there's chemistry, then start a relationship. Then if it lasts 4-5 years then there can be talk of marriage. Or none,lol. That's just me.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 11, 2013 at 1:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Every situation is different my grandparents got married after knowing eachother 2 weeks they were married 54 years
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
camommy08
by on May. 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM

maybe not now but a few years ago I came close. so glad we put it off.

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Talk of marrying in less than a year? BTDT. And ya wonder why I'm in a single moms group? There's your answer. It's too soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on May. 11, 2013 at 2:05 PM

No.

VADIVA23
by on May. 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Hell Naw!!! I have to think about the positive and negative effects it will have on my daughter .I have to put her feelings before my own it's not about how I feel it's about about how we feel because we're a team I really would have to get to know them and do back ground checks on them before I marry them you find a lot about a guy when you marry them. I don't want to end up on "WHO THE BLEEP DID I MARRY".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lightoftheworld
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Yep! I got married 8 months after meeting him.

Next time, I want to date a year before getting engaged, and then another year before getting married.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Talk of marrying in less than a year? BTDT. And ya wonder why I'm in a single moms group? There's your answer. It's too soon!

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Thank goodness I didn't. but we definitely talked about it. And then when I got pregnant he really started planning our life together. So glad I'm gone.

Quoting lightoftheworld:

Yep! I got married 8 months after meeting him.

Next time, I want to date a year before getting engaged, and then another year before getting married.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngelsRoses
by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:31 PM
I got engaged after 6 months to dd's ex SF.
lydi
by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I did and will never again do that. Next time I have to know him for a year, be engaged for a year and be married a year before having a kid.  It may not work that way, but that is my plan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN