Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

MOVING SOON NEED SOME TIPS(FIRST PLACE)!!!

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 12 Replies
I will be moving in my first place soon im so ready to be out of my moms place .I was thinking I should start putting stuff on layaway Im not focus on getting me a bed Im just focusing on getting my 4 year old a bed and the other furniture can wait any tips on moving in your first place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 11, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 11, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Thrift stores yard sales craigs list save your money
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lightoftheworld
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Craigslist!!! Then get some ideas from pinterest on now to upcycle them
lightoftheworld
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this
But do not, I repeat DO NOT buy a used mattress, unless you know the previous owner really well (could have bedbugs, which are practically impossible to get rid of these days). Same thing with any other fabic covered furniture, be sure to inspect it really well
Jenn8604
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Thrift stores are great places for knick knacks for your walls. Id shop all over for the best bed prices. Furniture outlet stores, wholesale furniture places, sales, check them all out.
Enjoy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I agree about mattresses and fabric furniture.  Even non-fabric furniture should be checked out well.

Big Lots, thrift stores, consignment shops and rent to buy places are all good for finding inexpensive things.

Quoting lightoftheworld:

But do not, I repeat DO NOT buy a used mattress, unless you know the previous owner really well (could have bedbugs, which are practically impossible to get rid of these days). Same thing with any other fabic covered furniture, be sure to inspect it really well

diaperstodating
by Angel on May. 11, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I know you from another group. I just wanted to say Congrats!

way to go

VADIVA23
by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Thank you so much I only get negative comments. LoL

Quoting diaperstodating:

I know you from another group. I just wanted to say Congrats!

way to go

AngelsRoses
by New Member on May. 11, 2013 at 7:26 PM
You can get a bedbug proof encasement for a mattress and box spring. If you get a used couch, take off the cushions, spray with vinegar, and leave them in a tied off trash bag for 3 days. Call the electric, gas, phone etc. Companies and ask for down payment amounts and the average bill for the address you are looking at.

Buy toilet paper, a shower curtain, and towels before you start moving and bring them in first. See also a flashlight, can opener, and trash bags.
lydi
by Lydi on May. 11, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Very exciting.  Congrats.  I agree with everyone else.  Thrift shops, consigment shops, rent a centers, craigs list.  Just buy the most needed and slowly build your homes inventory over time.

starry_mom
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Ask your friends and family if they have any furniture or anything that they'd be willing to 'donate' to your new place...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)