Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

34 weeks pregnant and alone...

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:45 PM
  • 20 Replies

I'm 34 weeks pregnant as of today...and I'm super emotional. The baby;s father has made it pretty clear he wants nothing to do with the whole thing. I;ve tried reaching out to his mom and dad via letter, just so my son has all of his grand parents and Ive heard nothing back from them. I think he's lying to his whole family. Not to mention that I constantly have to see him at work and I get no acknowledgement. and I come from a fucked up family, so all I will have to help here and there is my mom, but she has a lot of issues..............im just feeling really shitty about it......i wish at the very least his family knew the truth.................

by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:50 PM

My dd is five, and I'm 99% sure that her paternal grandparents have no idea she exists.  Hugs mama, it's hard, I know.  Will your mom at least step up to be there for the birth?  Make sure you go through the state after your little one is born, so that he is held accountable.  Good luck!

kellanns
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I am going through the state, but it's so hard you know, seeing him every day at work...and I really want his mom to know. Have you ever tried contacting his family?

meme0926
by on May. 12, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

It is sad because all of this revolves around a child that needs their family.   very sad.   I believe I'm in the same situation as you and don't know how because you want to believe that you met kind people.  My own mother doesn't see my child and the babydad doesn't want to claim his daughter but claims the other.   It's sad but I moved on and my child is fine because i'm taking care of her.

my dad helps and supports me. i don't know ... I'm grown and on my own so there is no excuse for their behavior.      misery loves company.

Bookoholic
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:49 PM
I'm sorry your going through all that, I'm here if you need me for anything. I'm currently trying to figure out housing with a four yr and minimal support.
kellanns
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Maybe I'm naive but before my situation , when I saw other women in thers I didn't quite understand it, lik I thought they must hav dated a thug n so fourth, but then look wat happened to me! I had no clue this guy would turn out this way and he sees me at work all the time, like how can u just look right past me, right past your child clearly growing in my stomach ! It hurts and idk how someone can be so cold! As I'm getting closer to my due date it's hitting me and I think my hormones are everywhere lol. I just feel so Alone, especially being pregnant and everyone always asking about the father, it makes me feel lik I'm the only one going through this. And I am in shock really I never understood till I became in this situation that a man can make a choice and a woman can be left to deal all on her own! It's a damn shame!
ghostcat90
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Is it possible he's married?  Or has someone else?  

My dd's sperm donor (he is unworthy of the title father) point blank told me he'd never admit to a soul that she was his.  He kept me stressed out trying to make me miscarry.  When that failed, he simply disappeared.  I removed the ways he could easily get access to me when I realized he was purposely upsetting me, but there were other ways and he has never chosen to use them.  

kellanns
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:48 PM
He could have some one else but I really don't think he's married. I honestly just think he's a scared little boy. He has a habit of running away from all of his problems, so to him ther is no baby :(
LuvMommysBabies
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 12:01 PM
My kids father isn't involved and I'm 5 months pregnant, he used to be around, but isn't now. I've tried contacting his parents, but no response, they don't see the first 2 and I'm not sure they even know about this baby.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 13, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Welcome! My sons paternal family knows he exists but they don't try to make contact
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bellmont
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I am so sorry Ladies. My ex told my that my dd was not his for year. I just don't care any more. She is now 40 yrs old she never goes to see him. But the way I see it,  It was his loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)