Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Disconnected...

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:10 AM
  • 5 Replies

Tuesday - DD was missing her dad more than most times, so I asked if she wanted to call.  She called her dad, but since my number is blocked (yes he blocked my number at the end of March), she had to leave a message.

Wednesday - my ex had made arrangements to see his older two children one last time before he moved to North Carolina from 6pm to 9pm.  At 6:15 I get a message from my ex saying something about not bringing our dd in the middle of our stuff (his language was not so nice).  I didn't understand what he was talking about, so I just text back with "what?"  He didn't respond, but about 5 minutes later I got a text from his ex-wife, mother to the older children saying that she was going to get the kids already because he called sending them away.  As it turns out, he claimed that I had called him knowing that the kids would be there.  He even told his older two kids they couldnt stay because of me calling.  I obviously didn't call - DD was the only one to call and that was the night before.  

Later Wednesday evening I get a huge TERRIBLE text message from my ex's fiance.  She tried to say that I had put DD up to calling her dad and doing things (what things I don't know) and said a whole bunch of other hurtful things along with a threat of filing harrassment papers, and that his phone was in her name and I was not to contact him on any of her phones.  She also said that my ex was hers (hilariously proving that she is severely insecure).  I didn't respond.

Thursday - I get a long text from my ex's oldest sister threatening me about protective orders against me and my mom for not only texting my ex, but his mom.  I had text his mom wednesday prior to all the drama just saying that I would love for dd to get to see her and dd's papaw sometime soon.  Apparently his mom is relapsing and may or may not be re-committed to inpatient therapy (before I started dating my ex, his mom had a nervous break down, was committed and diagnosed with bi-polar and anxiety.....i guess at one point she thought that my ex's oldest child was possessed or was the devil during the initial break....).  I have not idea what is actually going on, but obviously that is very sad for his mom.  She is a sweet lady.  Anyways....I didnt respond to his sister's threatening message either.

Later thursday I get an email from my attorneys paralegal.  my ex's fiance called in (saying she was his wife) saying my ex's family was going to file a protective order against me for his mom and him and all this that I had been harrassing them and it had escalated and all this.  So my attorney recommended not contacting my ex or his family - which wasn't a big deal since I definately don't want to deal with the fiance or the older sister and I have personally been leaving my ex alone since he blocked my number at the end of march.

After hearing from my lawyer on thursday still, my ex calls me.  I didn't answer since I was at work and I was told not to contact him and I wasnt sure how to handle that.  He didn't leave a message so I left it alone.

Friday - my ex moved to North Carolina

Saturday - my ex's youngest sister text me to tell dd that her dad had made it to North Carolina.  I didnt because she doesnt really understand.  But obviously was prepared to tell her when needed.  Later Saturday, I got a call from my ex.  I didn't answer because one I was at a concert and not with DD and two I still was not sure if I should answer the calls given that I had been threatened with a protective order.  This time my ex did leave a message.  He said he was trying to reach dd to see how her day went and to tell her he loved her.  So I wasnt sure how to handle that.  I didn't know if I should have dd call him back or not and I knew if I told her about the call she would want to.

Sunday (today)- I e-mailed my attorney who responded by phone quickly saying that it would be okay since nothing had actually been filed to have dd call him back.  I also found out he had called his other two children as well, but didnt get to talk to them either because their mom was working when he had called and the kids didnt call him back.  So, I had dd listen to the message and then let her call him back.  I expected that she would have to leave a message since I assumed my number was still blocked.  Welll.....as it turns out.  my ex Disconnected his phone number/changed the number.  So now DD has no way to reach him at all...  

I think this is so sad....luckily dd handled it okay.  i told her that when i got her dad's new number she could try to call him again.

i hate all of this, but I am not going to let it ruin my awesome mother's day weekend :-D

by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
dawncs
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

He called during those times on purpose not to call the kids but to cause problems for you and his first ex with the kids. He was just being a troublemaker. You have to realize he only told his side of the story to his sblings, and they thought he was the saint in it. I bet he tries to make himself probabaly as father of the year to all of his kids when he is not.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

steviechick
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a total loser to me.  I wouldn't even bother trying to reach him again.  If he calls again let it go to v/m.  If he's serious about being a father he will step-up.  I doubt he will. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow crazy I think you should do a made for TV movie his fiancé is nuts! I'm sorry for your dd but maybe it's better in the long run
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 2:44 PM

What a jerk. He certainly played everyone against each other so he could slime out the door.

jjmama12
by on May. 14, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a circus and your daughter doesnt deserve that. I am dealing with a similar insecure new girlfriend with my ex and Im so happy our sons are too young to really know whats going on. Just continue to ignore all of them unless he calls for her and let her be the one to contact him and leave messages when you do get the new number. The less contact the harder it is for them to prove the harrassment charges. Good luck. Happy Belated MOther's Day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN