Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Sad heart angry mad pissed

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 9 Replies
Hello my name is Anne I have been a single mom for 7 years my so is 9. I am sosososososososososososososososososososososososos depressed :-( about his father abanding us I am in consoling I take antidepressants I have over 2 years clean from crack. I still go to NA like 3 or 4 times a week. So the reason I am depressed is bc when I meet hi bioligilcal father. I knew him 3 months and were high on coke and deciesed it would be a good idea to have a baby. So we got an apartment in the projects.....I was clean when I was prego..... I started getting high again after a month after he was born. ****Important note**** we both really wanted a girl. We were going to name the baby Victoria but it was a bot so we named him Vincent its just a quwidince both V names he wanted Lucifer and Damian I wanted Noah and Elisha.... I remember him coming home from work saying "what about Vincent after Vincent van Go" he had his share o problems.... We were nothing drug addicts... He was always talking me in to 3sums.... We broke up got back together...when my son was 10 months old we broke up I moved back home and then we got another apt together we couldn't pay are rent and my parents got sick of paying it me and the baby moved back to my parents. He moved to his parents in NC came back 2. Times and I visted once. I did not talk to him since 2008. About a year ago I found his mom, step mom, hafe sister on Facebook his sis told me he had another kid. She was pregnate with with my sons cousin. That I couldn't even tell him about. On Thursday my BFF texted me his picture!!! I thought he was at her house she got it from face book. He does have a daughter HE FUCKING NAME. HER VICTORIA!!! The first 2 days I was fine and on sat night I broke down. My life has been so fucked up I haven't been able to have more kids. My son want a brother so bad. I don't care if I am 90 years old I am adopting a girl. Basically I have been obbseing about this asswhole for 7 years but for the first 5 I was in and out of rehabs. And I had a super crazy gf. I realized that I was gay after me and his biological father broke up and would have been miserable. I just wish he could have been a weekend dad :-( to make things even more compacted my parents still have legal custody of my son before he was on Facebook I had no idea where he was. I really want to file custody but my parents don't want him to have contact with him and there afaird. That he will get to see him. I hope someone reads this I CAN NOT GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!
by on May. 13, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kazmira222
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 7:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Well sounds like things are pretty crazy. I'd say do what you can for you and GET OVER THE GUY. He's ovbiously living another life of his own and you're just not apart of it anymore. I never thought I'd get over my ex, but I did. I would just focus on yourself and your son. Make things better with yourself first before going all gung-ho on things.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 13, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Stick with your counseling, work your way off of anti depressants, and motivate yourself to becoming a better you. Leave the past where it belongs.
shelady99
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Wowsers!
mz23
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Awe. Focus on you and your son. Make goals for yourself and busy yourself with them. Gotta get over that guy. Stay strong.
AdriMommy89
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:00 AM
The horrible grammar and the story makes me question whether the story is real.
steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Hi, Anne and welcome to the group.  You need to continue with therapy.  You have a long way to go to get over your feelings for someone who never truly loved you nor respected you from the beginning. You loved him more and that's still prelevant in the way you lead your life.  Don't consume yourself with having more kids.  You are a mom already.  Focus on getting well and fight that urge to consume yourself with someone that isn't really worth your time. 

sid1083
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I think trying to change your focus to you is the best thing here. Once you're well, things will start falling into place . . . and when you're sober and not in the depths of depression you'll see how irrational your current thinking is.

Onlychild1
by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I am reall!!!! And I know I need to get over him but..... I can't and I don't care if I take antidepressants the rest of my life. EXECPT for ovcorse if I ever want to have another baby I won't beable to

Quoting AdriMommy89:

AdriMommy89
by on May. 15, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Okay well I'm sorry for thinking otherwise. But people get happy because they want to. Not because of some pill. You need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and get it together. Do you work? What are you doing to better yourself? I think the first step is to focus on you and get your life together. And that is when you should ever consider raising a child.

Quoting Onlychild1:

I am reall!!!! And I know I need to get over him but..... I can't and I don't care if I take antidepressants the rest of my life. EXECPT for ovcorse if I ever want to have another baby I won't beable to

Quoting AdriMommy89:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)