Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

**jumps up and down like a kid**

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:24 PM
  • 14 Replies
2 moms liked this
My first love.. I haven't talked to him in 5 years. Just wrote me on facebook earlier out of nowhwre. Neither of us can remember why we broke up, we were young (20/21)... This post doesn't make sense, I know but I'm all giddy and we are both single. He has custody of his 4 kids (only had 2 last time Lol) and I have my 2. And we've been talking all day non stop. Can't stop smiling.

Feel free to ignore me :-) I feel like a giddy school girl who's crush is finally noticing her! Hahh ( except we've already dated lol)

Update 6-14

so, we've been talking off and on via faceboom and texting and he's coming over tonight to visit me. My stomach is in knots!!! Feels like, well idk. How to describe it. All of my feelings are flooding back.

**Sigh**

Update 6-15

he got Here around 10pm, we talked all night, we were up until 5am.. we didn't sleep together, but we did kiss often Lol.. it was perfect.
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 13, 2013 at 10:59 PM
This is good. Still guard your heart.
..A5HL3Y..
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Gonna try!

Quoting virginiamama71:

This is good. Still guard your heart.
jjmama12
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Glad you are happy. Just don't be naive. Talk and have fun, but if you guys do start talking again on that level take things slow. although you already dated 5 years can change a person completely. You need to learn who he is all over again.

..A5HL3Y..
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Yeah :-) I told him we have to move slow this time and think about the kids. All of our kids would be 6 under 7 lol ...its a big jump now

Eta....move slow not love slow....well I guess both lol

Quoting jjmama12:

Glad you are happy. Just don't be naive. Talk and have fun, but if you guys do start talking again on that level take things slow. although you already dated 5 years can change a person completely. You need to learn who he is all over again.

deltathree
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Happy for you, but be careful, cautious.

steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I agree with everyone.  Be happy but be very cautious with this first love of yours.  A lot has gone on in your love lifes after you two grew up.  You both need to take it slow from here on out.

MommyAJ2921
by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:34 PM

WHAT SHE SAID!!! And CONGRATS..I can feel the giddy all the way over here. LOL...

Quoting jjmama12:

Robsessed98
by on May. 14, 2013 at 7:03 PM
That's cool. I can relate bc a guy I was in love with at 18 found me 27 years later on FB and after talking every possible second for 3 weeks, we got all caught up and got married. It was great being with him again for a couple of years, but we are now divorcing over issues that I should have taken the time to find out about before we got married. Take my advice and revel in what you're feeling now, but take it slow and stay aware that he's not exactly who he was back then. Hope it all works out for you.
raegan1221
by Raegan on May. 14, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Yay!!!
TishHughes
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand that! I wasn't in love but I did like him A LOT, this guy that I met a long time ago. 2004 as a matter of fact. I wondered about that guy for forever. One night at like 3 a.m. I'm walking around Afghanistan (on a base leaving the phone center getting ready to go home in a few hours). I leave out of the phone center and there's this bald guy with a bushy beard staring at me. I looked like awkward, he's staring at me super hard like. I walk out and when the door slammed, it hit me. When I turned around, he was already behind me saying my name and all I could do was stand there like a jackass like OMG, it's really him. I don't know who was more excited, me or him.

I think I'm hardcore or something but I didn't wanna show just how excited I was to see him but he didn't give a care. We hugged and you would've thought we hit the lotto with the smiles on our faces. He eventually ended up pissing me off but this was in '11 and I'm still thinking about that man. I will never stop. For him, I would forget every rule I ever made and all f my moral am would go out of the window. Don't know what it was about him but it was definitely something. At least now I know he doesn't live in Brooklyn like I thought. He still lives in NC and if I'm ever stationed there........

Lol so yeah, I definitely know how you're feeling. Goo luck!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)