Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

opinions needed please

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:14 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hello my name is Traci I am a single mother who is in need of some advice....I come from a family that believes the mother should stay at home and take care of the children and the man be the breadwinner and are totally against daycare ...well that's great but with me being a single mother unfortunately if I stay at home instead of working my kids won't have the necessities to live and I have no other option but to use daycare. So im sure you can imagine that my family is constantly fighting with me about these two matters and I just need some outsiders opinions on this-- am I in the wrong like they say? I love my children dearly and would much rather be with them 24-7 but this is not possible in my eyes maybe I'm wrong but this is why I'm asking for you to please take a moment and comment! ! Thank you
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Krystle21
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:17 PM
No you're not wrong. If there was a man in the picture to b the breadwinner I'm sure you'd stay home. Ask them if they are willing to support u so u can stay home with your kids. I'm sure that's a no. Ask if they'll babysit so u don't have to put your chid in Daycare. Its hard being a single parent. Good luck with everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
so-torn7
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Thank you I truly don't believe I'm wrong either and I have asked them those same questions and there response is no so that shows me they aren't worried how we eat or do anything! One thing is for sure being a single motheris definitely tuff ....I been doing it for 15 years! Thanks for the opinion
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 15, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Welcome!  Everyone being a stay at home mom isn't feezable especially being a single mom.  You need to do what is best for you and your children.  Not all child care is bad.  Finding a good center provides great social skills as well as education.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Hi Traci!

I think you're right.  Someone has to work to provide for your children and you are all there is.  Of course many of us want to be stay at home moms, but for single parents that is rarely a possibility.  (((hug)))

Quoting so-torn7:

Hello my name is Traci I am a single mother who is in need of some advice....I come from a family that believes the mother should stay at home and take care of the children and the man be the breadwinner and are totally against daycare ...well that's great but with me being a single mother unfortunately if I stay at home instead of working my kids won't have the necessities to live and I have no other option but to use daycare. So im sure you can imagine that my family is constantly fighting with me about these two matters and I just need some outsiders opinions on this-- am I in the wrong like they say? I love my children dearly and would much rather be with them 24-7 but this is not possible in my eyes maybe I'm wrong but this is why I'm asking for you to please take a moment and comment! ! Thank you

Robsessed98
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:21 PM
That's all well and good, but how do they expect you to provide for your children without an income? No disrespect to your family, but that's a no brainer. Unless they plan on supporting you, what's their solution for paying the bills?
stillstandin246
by on May. 15, 2013 at 10:52 PM
I agree with the other responses and I don't understand how your family expects u to survive if u don't work. In a perfect world we would all be able to stay home with our kids and magically have food in the kitchen and clothes on their backs. But that is not reality. You are absolutely not wrong.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 15, 2013 at 11:40 PM

If you choose to stay home does your family plan to financially support you or are they hinting that they want you to get married?

so-torn7
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Thank you all for the comments! !! For a moment I truly started believing I was wrong but I'm so happy to know there is other people out there that agree!!!:) I agree with all of you ...like every mother out there I want the best for my kids and to have everything they need. Also I believe that you should show your kids that in order to have things in life you have to be a Go-Getter and work hard for the things you want or you'll get no where and ( no disrespect to the people that are able to stay at home) if I take my families advice I don't see them learning that!!! Trust and believe they definitely aren't going to pay my bills or support us in any way so this is why I stand firm on doing whatever I have to do to support my kids its just unfortunate that their father is a dead beat and pays zero but yet the father has the freedom to come and go as please and not have to worry about finding a sitter or any struggle a single mother has on a daily basis they should be made to struggle and suffer for making kids and not supporting them in any way !!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)