Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My neighbors hate my son who is autistic!

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:52 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hello moms!

I need help, I live up in a hill north adams, ma. My six year old son who has autism lives with me (duh!) lol... well ever since we moved here, I have to walk downhill to wait for my sons school bus. We are haing an issue with an old couple beacuse ever since my son stood on their yard for only 10 seconds they have been on my butt. I quickly notice and told my son to come down but that wasn't enough they had to come out and start to harrasing me , cussing at me and all my son did was just stand on the yard, mind you with was winter time there was snow on the ground. ever since then my neighbor has decided to feed the wildlife human food! scattered through the whole road to go down to the main road. my house is on a dead end so its just me. That man has covered the road with pasta, whole loaf of bread, big chunks of bread, whole bagels, and crab shells, every morning I have to walk down and move the food with my foot to be able to walk through....well guess what my effing neighbor came out cussing at me all because I moved the food. Today mid spring flowers are blooming, me and son walk down the hill to wait for the bus, my son notices blue flowers on the neighbors yard  I wasnt looking cause I was on the lookout for the bus when my son picked one tiny flower from the bush I quickly noticed told him not to do it again but it was too late, they were spying on us cause quickly they tapped on the window, I gave them the bird cause I'm sick and tired of them. my son leaves and I start to walk up to the house when I get stopped by the lady and the husband cussing at me, calling me all the names in book  and I told them my sons conditions and they said I don't care if he is full retarded, once I heard hat I went full blown crazy and started cussing at them back. Please Can someone help me, what can I do about this?

by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:19 AM

First, cross the street and walk on the opposite side of the street. Sure, its not necessary but when your son goes on their property when they have clearly they don't like that it is considered trespassing.

Second, call the police, they are littering and seem to be unable to pick up their own trash. It is not only disgusting but a health code violation I would imagine.

Third, control yourself and your mouth. You need to be setting an example for your son, not flipping the neighbors the bird when your son was in the wrong. If they call you names, cuss you out etc, keep walking, whistling a nice little tune. That will irk them more than flipping them off or getting confrontational.

lydi
by Lydi on May. 15, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with krisnkids.  i would look into the littering issue and see if action can be taken.  I would also avoid them and go no where near them or their property as best you can.  If they continue to harass and name call them ignore and if things ever get out of control while you are minding your own business I would call the police and ask for advise.   I would have lost my cool too, but try to ignore them. Good luck. 

mimzy2087
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:39 AM

well first off I don't cuss in front my son I waited to left on the bus , that's when the lady came out, and second my son stood on their yard once 4-5 months ago ever since then he hasn't done anything to the yard he tried but I told him no, we have been very accomidating, today all he did was pick on little flower from the flower bush thats overflowing close the street, just one flower and they went crazy yelling at me, calling me names, this happend right right after my son left.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Your son picked a flower from their bush, he is in the wrong; you being the parent are in the wrong. They tapped on the window, you flipped them off, you are in the wrong.

Just because someone is cussing you out does not mean you need to stand there and take it, walk away.

Meg2011425
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm sorry. But I have an autistic 4 year old. I would have done the same. Sorry your dealing with that. I'm moving because I can't tolerate my neighbors stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on May. 15, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Wait across the street and pretend you don't see them when they peek out. The best way to deal with crusty farts like that is to avoid and ignore them. Nothing you ever do will be good with them, so why bother?
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 16, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I agree

Quoting Robsessed98:

Wait across the street and pretend you don't see them when they peek out. The best way to deal with crusty farts like that is to avoid and ignore them. Nothing you ever do will be good with them, so why bother?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)