Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

my brain and my heart have 2 different personality

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:53 AM
  • 4 Replies
I'm starting to hate that line people use " follow ur heart"
Because my heart has got me in trouble my whole life ..

So my ex called my friend to wish me happy mothers day and to tell me he misses me dearly and not a day goes by he doesn't think of me and maddie......
I was doing so good for the past couple weeks now I realize how much I missed him and for the past for days all I can think about is calling him which my heart is telling me to but my brain is saying no ....
He even called me father phone to talk to me which is a big step cause him and my dad had a huge fight before it ended with us ......

Should I call him back or just leave it be ...?????

He has hurt me a lot but I still care for him
by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I say give it more time.  Your heart makes you feel but your brain makes you think.  Whatever broke you up it may have been for the best.  Sit back and think about what your problems are with the ex and if you can work on those problems and get back together then do it.  If you can't then let your brain do the work.  In the meantime try and stay away from the ex until you can fully figure out your next step. 

maddiemommy2009
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Yes that's what I've been doing thanks .... I really dont want to be with him anymore I'm not even hoping he would change I just want to get over my love for him ......and move on but there are times I cry and I really wish he would not try to contact me through anyone because it puts a strain on my moving on ..... I really do feel I have a lot to say to him I want to tell him how I feel but then I tell myself to just forget it and move on....

Being broken hearted is not a nice feeling
Robsessed98
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Normally I agree with following your heart, but when it comes to an ex, your head is the winner. He's an ex for a reason. If he means what he said, he needs to back it up with some action before letting him back in.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Don't call him!  You need to give yourself time to heal from the breakup and listen to your head right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)