Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often does your kid see his other parent?

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:02 PM
  • 80 Replies

My kids see their dad about 3 times a year, whenever he can get enough time off of work to spend with them (he's out of state) or he decides to fly them out to visit.

by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmother5946
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:14 PM
My daughter sees her dad once a year in the summer. I take her there for about two weeks.
krisnkids
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:59 PM

This year they will go for the summer and Christmas (supposedly), last year they went for a month for the summer and Thanksgiving.

steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:10 PM

It's up to my ex to spend time with our daughter.  But, since he's been a total scumbag I doubt it will happen. He lives in the same town as I do.  There really is no reason for him to no step up to the plate, but that's his problem.  He caused the rift.

Kazmira222
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:12 PM
As of what I know, never. Idk where he is
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaylaybaby666
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Once a week
Robsessed98
by on May. 15, 2013 at 4:43 PM
DD1's dad has lived 900 miles away since she was a baby, so I always took her out there for a week twice a year and he came here when he could. She's grown with kids now and still goes out there when she can. I think I'm going with them this summer.
DD2's dad and I divorced when she was 2 and he always had every other weekend, alternate holidays and a month over the summer. She realized what a controlling prick he is when she was 12ish and fought to avoid every visit. Now that she's 17 and he now lives out of state, she never sees him and usually texts him once a month at most.
akarechiga
by on May. 15, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Whenever his mother has time to take her to see him, each year that goes by, less and less she cares to go visit him. She's realizing on her own that he really isn't the "Super Dad" she once thought he was...(yay for me)

katemckenzie
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 4:46 PM
3 days a week.He's a great dad.His older son's mother doesn't think so though, since shes a stupid piece of shit, so he only gets 6 hours a week with him because shes an obnoxious pathological liar.
lydi
by Lydi on May. 15, 2013 at 5:38 PM

She has not seen him in 2-3 years.  And before that he only came around for about 2 months every couple of years for less that 1 week during those couple months.

IloveNCIS
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 5:38 PM
3 moms liked this

My son has another parent? *looking around*............My son is 7 years old and his father saw him when he was 6 months old. That was the last time we ever saw his sorry ass.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)