Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I finally stood up to him!

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:41 AM
  • 7 Replies
I hit a breaking point finally and had went off on my soon to be ex hubby let him know how the kids feel about him dating my ex best friend they are uncomfortable with it and i started getting emotional so i hung up on him. he tried telling me i was full of it and its convenient that the kids will only talk to me and not him. well i got the kids back tonight and they were telling me that i made their daddy cry because i told him that they didn't like the sleep overs with him and his girlfriend. i feel a bit of pride for finally getting through to him but then on the other hand now my kids feel bad for the way they feel. they denied everything to him. i don't know how to handle this i do not want the kids in the middle. i by no means want to keep the kids from him but i want them being comfortable with going over there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't handle it, don't do anything. If your kids ask you, "Why does daddy do...." your response should be you need to ask daddy that. Your kids should never be afraid to tell you anything, but if you keep at it like you are they will be.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM
It must feel better to get it off your chest hopefully things will change
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpurgeonMom
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:47 AM
If i don't do anything it puts my kids in a bad situation and i'm not about to do that either. i'm going down to the courthouse to file the divorce today.

Quoting krisnkids:

Don't handle it, don't do anything. If your kids ask you, "Why does daddy do...." your response should be you need to ask daddy that. Your kids should never be afraid to tell you anything, but if you keep at it like you are they will be.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Not sure if you can set up a certain kind of visitation with your stbx.  In this case, I feel your pain.  However, my ex cheated on me with the office tramp.  I even met her.  Had my daughter been a minor when we divorced I wouldn't have divorced my ex unless he agreed to keep the tramp and their kids they created away from my daughter.  Perhaps you can push the adultry thing against your stbx and set-up visitation where he does not bring the kids near the gf who broke up your marriage.  I know it's hard to not put the kids in the middle of a divorce.  It's not their fault that daddy is a scumbag.  If anything your kids shouldn't be put into a position where they are pawns for their own father.

kitty8199
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
When you file, file temporary custody with a morality clause.
Meaning no member of the opposite sex can stay the night when he had the kids, unless related by blood or marriage.
Since you're still married, girlfriend well have to sleep somewhere else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deltathree
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:50 AM

This & hugs..... 

Quoting LifeCafe42:

It must feel better to get it off your chest hopefully things will change

lovemybabes3
by on May. 16, 2013 at 2:46 PM

i totally understand...i had to stand up to my ex more then a few times and my daughter was having a hard time w/ one of my exs gfs kids...you have to stick up for your kids and make sure they are happy in the situation and if not then he needs to grow up and see that, kids come first

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN