Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do you think you'll ever remarry/get married?

Poll

Question: Do you think that you'll ever get married (again)?

Options:

Yes

No

Other, please explain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 80

View Results

by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Replies (61-66):
dtm1491
by on May. 30, 2013 at 9:46 PM

You are referring to herpies correct? I dated someone for 2 years who had it and I do not have it. He took medication every day and very rarely had an outbreak Maybe 2 a year. If he did, we knew not to fool around. it is possible to have a relationship one day with someone.

Quoting labrax:

I admire your spirit. Remain positive!

hugs

Quoting katfeemom:

I can't.

I can't even get involved, or develop relationships with people.  My stbx generously and joyfully exposed me to HSV1 after he cheated on me. (I know, What a great guy!) 

To possibly get involved with, and lead to the possibility of marriage to someone could lead to sexual contact.  Although my ex exposed me, (I tested positive AFTER he admitted that he exposed me, he CLAIMS that he tested negative ~ I NEVER saw his test results) I don't think that I could EVER risk exposing anyone else to it.

Yet, he still thinks that I should go out and 'find someone new'.  (REALLY?!?! What an A**!)   It's clear to me that he wants me to do that so that he won't have to pay any support to me or our children.  He's pushing me to date, find someone new. 

So, no.  I doubt I'll ever be able to get remarried, or ever enjoy any kind of intimacy again.  And please DO NOT tell me that "condoms can be used" and blah blah blah.  Like pregnancy prevention, there is NO complete form of prevention EXCEPT for abstinance.  HSV can be transfered  via the skin on the base of the penis, as well as contact with the head.  And I can't even phantom the idea of possibly running the risk of exposing anyone, let alone the chance of EVER having to tell someone that I have it.

MomAmy77
by on May. 30, 2013 at 9:50 PM

well I would have to say no right now  . I only been divorced  since Dec 5 2013 . right now im in the  pissed , and I need to work on me mode . I was married to a horrable person that I settled and stayed for 10 years . Divorced cost between  both 18,000.00  yep my ex did some pretty messed up things . Now he has a women with kids and  acts like an ideal man  to her and  her kids but craps on his own . But  his  true identy will come out . He is acting .But like I like to say its her problem now . I need to build my self esteem and  learn to love me before i think about dating .

labrax
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 7:08 AM

I hope Katfeemom will explore this option. It sure sounds like good news.

Thank you for sharing dtm1491.

Quoting dtm1491:

You are referring to herpies correct? I dated someone for 2 years who had it and I do not have it. He took medication every day and very rarely had an outbreak Maybe 2 a year. If he did, we knew not to fool around. it is possible to have a relationship one day with someone.

Quoting labrax:

hugs

Quoting katfeemom:

I can't.

I can't even get involved, or develop relationships with people.  My stbx generously and joyfully exposed me to HSV1 after he cheated on me. (I know, What a great guy!) 

To possibly get involved with, and lead to the possibility of marriage to someone could lead to sexual contact.  Although my ex exposed me, (I tested positive AFTER he admitted that he exposed me, he CLAIMS that he tested negative ~ I NEVER saw his test results) I don't think that I could EVER risk exposing anyone else to it.

Yet, he still thinks that I should go out and 'find someone new'.  (REALLY?!?! What an A**!)   It's clear to me that he wants me to do that so that he won't have to pay any support to me or our children.  He's pushing me to date, find someone new. 

So, no.  I doubt I'll ever be able to get remarried, or ever enjoy any kind of intimacy again.  And please DO NOT tell me that "condoms can be used" and blah blah blah.  Like pregnancy prevention, there is NO complete form of prevention EXCEPT for abstinance.  HSV can be transfered  via the skin on the base of the penis, as well as contact with the head.  And I can't even phantom the idea of possibly running the risk of exposing anyone, let alone the chance of EVER having to tell someone that I have it.

dtm1491
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Of course. I was freaked myself. Made an appt.. Got checked out more than once. I asked my doctor a lot of questions. In the end it was fine. As long as he knew the signs and was cautious it was ok. I think she just needs time.

Quoting labrax:

I hope Katfeemom will explore this option. It sure sounds like good news.

Thank you for sharing dtm1491.

Quoting dtm1491:

Quoting labrax:

hugs

Quoting katfeemom:

I can't.

ChgIsGood2012
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Yes, I believe it will happen for me. I desire it, but I'm in no rush for it either. Whenever the Lord sees fit. I've been through enough in life where God will, I believe, lead me to the right mate. And I will pray that He shows me the through about the men I meet along the way so that I will make the best decision....He's been faithful..

lauraash06
by Ashley on Jun. 2, 2013 at 6:41 AM
I think I would like to, if I can cool out with my own insecurities that I put on myself....... But only time will tell :-) until then, I'll keep trying to deny that I have met a fabulous guy who really isn't like all the jerks I've known :-P
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN