Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

how did u afford care for your child was it a daycare, babysitter or family help?

Posted by   + Show Post

I never realized how expensive daycare is.......I moved out on my own for a short amount of time and I paid a babysitter while going to school and work but it was a lot to handle financially along with other bills, so I moved back in with my mom and had to quit my job when I moved .......For the most part my mom and baby's father help with babysitting now on my school days, but I feel guilty sometimes and know my mom needs a break and I want to just put him in a daycare ...... I signed up for family Central but the waiting list takes months.... For any single mothers out there how did u balance it out financially with finding care for your child.????  What have u found to be the best solution????

by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:51 AM
Replies (11-13):
AhDrah
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm lucky enough to be living with (and by) family right now and they watch my girls for me while I'm in school.

babymomx2
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Its hard and super expensive. I don't qualify for state aid so its out of pocket and its hard. Like I tell myself fi ish school, get a good job and it will be easier. You have to struggle to succeed! I tried a live in nanny since I have a bigger home, and was unsuccessful. Good luck!
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 18, 2013 at 7:22 AM
My daycare is 600/month which is good for my area. I don't eat out we cut back on a ton of things but we do it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)