Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

baby daddy advice.... how would you take this???

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:09 AM
  • 12 Replies

My baby daddy and I got into a huge argument the other day and he asked me why can't I just be alone. I bet he would like that he'd rather me be alone, if I'm not with him I guess........ He was jealous of my ex and would try his hardest to flirt and conversate with me to keep a bond between us but I distanced myself for the most part until my ex and I broke up..... now that I've been single he plays games with me and we were so up and down and he has left me in the air so I lied and told him I started seeing someone just to put an end to the madness..... He got so mad  and argued with me which I don't understand because if he can't commit to being in a relationship with me then why can't he just let me be and move on..... what's your opinion on this?

by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 4:13 AM
Bump he wants his cake and to eat it too
Two_Hearts
by on May. 17, 2013 at 5:32 AM
2 moms liked this

He doesn't want to committ to you..but he doesn't want anyone else to either.

He wants to be able to dangle you on a string, for his convenience.

Sounds like he is a narcisist. 

my ex was like that ..we were together for 8 yrs but he never wanted to even committ enough to move in together, he always had excuses and me being stupid always bought them as 'reasonable' reasons..

Oct 2011, i had an ectopic pregnancy...10 days later he told me that he didn't know if he loved me or not and didn't know if he wanted a relationship anymore.

We spent some time away from eachother and sat down in Nov 2011 and mutually agreed to seperate.

However in February he found out that i had been seeing someone and all of a sudden he said that he was inlove with me and that he just said those things because i wasn't listening to HIS needs at the time...(uhm yea...i was laid up in bed for 15 days bleeding..couldn't move , in a lot of pain..). 

Its been almost 2 yrs since ive been seperated from him...im in a new relationship, with a man that IS committing to me...lives with me and wants to marry me.

The ex? Taking me to court for visits of MY child..not his...yea, a bit obsessive.

He is finding any way he can to hurt me.

Personally , i would do whatever you can to stay away from the ex..even if that means getting a third party to do the drop off and pick up of your child.

jenmomx3
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:10 AM

This.... 

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Bump he wants his cake and to eat it too

steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:12 AM

He's the over zealous type of guy.  He wants his cake and eat it, too.  A very scary type to be around.  You need to separate yourself from him.  Block him on your phone or ignore his calls.  Get him out of your life one way or the other.  He's trying to control your way of life.  He will never commit to you and more than likely no one else.  Leave him be.  Hopefully, he can step-up to the plate and be a father.  That's all you need to worry about.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Cut the ties, it takes two to play a game, if you aren't playing there is no game.

lnrmom
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:26 PM

He doesn't want you but he doesn't want anyone else to have you either.

Robsessed98
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:15 PM
If he can't have you when he wants and on his terms, he doesn't want anyone to have you. My stbx is doing the same thing. Just ignore him and he will eventually stop and move on to the next one.
sid1083
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like everyone needs to grow up.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 17, 2013 at 6:30 PM
He can only do/say to you what you allow him to do/say.
mabel009
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 6:13 AM

Dont let yourself get caught in that trap. Men know what they want, if he truly wanted you he will do anything to truly be with you and not just f*k with your mind. If i was you, i would put him behind me and move forward in life, even it means being alone for a while. Work on yourself, build on you and someone worth your time, effort and love will come around. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)